JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
cosmicenema (Offline)
JF Regular

I Miss Japan - 12-30-2009, 08:24 PM

I went to Japan for the first time a few months back and though I've traveled well over 40,000 miles in my life, I've never missed someplace so much. I find myself day dreaming about the trip and thinking about how different normal activities would be if I were over there. It's like being homesick except it isn't home.

What do you do to indulge your nostalgia? Movies? Music? Google image search pictures?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tturtle (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-30-2009, 08:27 PM

Movies and research.

Has anyone checked the coring room?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AichiAlex (Offline)
JF Regular

12-30-2009, 11:49 PM

Try google earthing were you've been and see how it's changed, that one always gets me..
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-30-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AichiAlex View Post
Try google earthing were you've been and see how it's changed, that one always gets me..
Google street view ftw

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-31-2009, 01:12 AM

Google images on Earth and Street View are never recent.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-31-2009, 01:42 AM

So? Its better than nothing

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-31-2009, 02:14 AM

He said, "To see how it's changed..."
It's not better than nothing for that, as the pictures are likely less up to date than your own memories... unless you're some old man trying looking for the places he went to in WW2...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-31-2009, 02:20 AM

Not much will have changed in a few months.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-31-2009, 05:01 AM

When I'm feeling nostalgic for Japan I'll look through the pictures I took or watch this video

YouTube - A Moment in Tokyo - Canon HV30

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-31-2009, 05:26 AM

Anyway, back on topic, I could never leave Thailand, now, so I think I feel the same way the OP must feel about Japan.

Of course, I've a feeling I've been in Thailand for a lot longer than he in Japan, so I've a lot more of a life here to cherish. Still, I get it.

I don't know what I'd do if I had to go back to Australia. I was disfunctional in that country. I had no job and was on government welfare payments. But in Thailand, I just found myself so easily. I made a life here in the blink fo an eye. I knew what to do.

If I had to go back to Australia, I'd be fighting like a savage to get back to SE Asia. Failing that, I'd probably shoot myself. Seriously. I hate that place.

But in Thailand, there's another adventure around every corner... I am all too eager to see what 2010 will hold for me in this land...