JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
YoungOne31 (Offline)
New to JF

Upcoming Iwaki Trip - 08-14-2010, 05:26 AM

This is my first thread on this forum, so I'm just saying "hi", first of all. I'm a first-year university student, and I spent two weeks in the Land of the Rising Sun at the end of last year, and I absolutely loved it.

Last year, which was my final year of high-school, I won a trip to Iwaki, in Fukushima prefecture. I entered into a sister-city competition, and I was picked as winner, along with another person from a different school (they pick two every year).

Unfortunately for my travel plans, the Swine Flu "epidemic" meant that we weren't allowed to go to Iwaki for our trip. We were told that we would be going with this year's winners, in September of this year.

We leave in just a few short weeks, on the 25th of September, and come back on the 2nd of October. I am really excited. I stayed in Iwaki for four days last year, on my school trip, but the family I stayed with weren't very hospitable. This year, I'm hoping to see more of Iwaki than just the Hyakuen shops...

If anyone has any hints on where to go in Iwaki, or things that you think I should see, I would be thrilled to hear from you!