JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sheemy (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Sheemy Send a message via Yahoo to Sheemy Send a message via Skype™ to Sheemy
10-14-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
Ah this one as well, but i was referring to the building in the main complex, where you can see the sleeping cat and the dragon painting on the ceiling.

Thanks Sheemy, sure we can as long as it does not involve cutting hands and doing the blood bonding
Dun worry .. that was not my intention at all

Do The Right Actions Before U Have A Second Thought, But Have A Second Thought Before U Do The Wrong Actions
(#12 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-14-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Pictures were taken in the shinto shrine complex of Nikko, called Toshogu, which is a UNESCO world heritage site.

Nikkō Tōshō-gū - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately main building was undergoing renovation, and if I remember correctly, it has spectacular dragons on its roof. Ah well, I'll get them next time.
thanks so much for the info. fascinating. what skill the craftsmen had! Amazing and beautiful.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

10-14-2010, 12:52 PM

Toshogu temple ornaments are mind blowing. The whole place feels different. There are huge cedar trees there, resembling slumbering forest guardians, all covered in ancient moss. You can sense the presence of spirits. I would love to exterminate all tourists there for one day and stay to meditate through night, or write calligraphy. I love Nikko.

In Nikko time seems to have fallen asleep. Once you stop seeing all the commotion it is a very tranquil place.

Last edited by ryuurui : 10-14-2010 at 12:56 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2010, 06:23 PM

^Nice.

The triangulation of the three cedar trunks is a traditional asymmetric arrangement. So is the 'S' shaped bend of the maple. That maple will be even more impressive in autumn as the leaves turn red and yellow. These pictures really capture the feel of a Japanese woods.

You have talent. Do you tale pictures of people?

(#15 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

10-14-2010, 10:12 PM

Sometimes I do. I actually have gotten a half decent camera fairly recently so I do not have many pictures yet.

Here is my friend's kid pic.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-15-2010, 03:15 AM

LOL! what a cool expression! The red ball on top and his green pants helps draw in the view as well as being complementary.

10 years ago, I fooled around with 35mm B&W. Mostly pictures of girls. My stuff never quite had your balance composition though. LOL!:

(#17 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

10-15-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Sometimes I do. I actually have gotten a half decent camera fairly recently so I do not have many pictures yet.

Here is my friend's kid pic.

If you happen to take portraits of japanese people-- I shall be interested. what a gorgeous little boy-- its the eyes that have it. wonderful close up and yes the colour contrast is brilliant.

The above is excellent. You have so much talent where observation, detail and art is concerned

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 10-15-2010 at 08:48 AM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

11-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
If you happen to take portraits of japanese people-- I shall be interested. what a gorgeous little boy-- its the eyes that have it. wonderful close up and yes the colour contrast is brilliant.

The above is excellent. You have so much talent where observation, detail and art is concerned
I actually was thinking to take Japanese people portraits, but I need bigger telescope lenses. 400mm would do the trick. Best portraits are shot when a targeted person has no idea a picture is being taken (and I do not mean that in a mischievous way).
(#19 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-01-2010, 08:55 PM

You are right Ryuurui

Its best to take photos when the person is unaware. Get the most natural expression etc.

I'm not sure if its okay to take photos of people in the street without their permission.

when I see many gorgeous students in Brighton-- I would love to snap some of them. maybe with modern mobile phones there are lots taken without awareness I think.

I love portraits of people young and old.

Old lady drawing a temple's emblem, Kyoto
(#20 (permalink))
Old
utsu (Offline)
JF Regular

11-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
If you happen to take portraits of japanese people-- I shall be interested.
I take pictures of Japanese people. Enjoy!
www.TochigiDailyPhoto.com

And Ryu, nice to see you on here too!