JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Trip Reports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-trip-reports/)
-   -   Part 1: Some Snaps from Tokyo 2010 (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-trip-reports/35881-part-1-some-snaps-tokyo-2010-a.html)

Umihito 01-29-2011 02:21 AM

Part 1: Some Snaps from Tokyo 2010

5 Attachment(s)
Picture 1 - Tokyo Skyline
Picture 2 - Maid and Akihabara Street
Picture 3 - Shrine
Picture 4 - Looking Down at a Tokyo Road
Picture 5 - Tokyo Skyline at Night

Umihito 01-29-2011 02:28 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Picture 6 - Akihabara Gamers
Picture 7 - Yamanote Sign
Picture 8 - Yamanote Train
Picture 9 - Beautiful Sky with Akihabara Back Street

Keep an eye out for part 2 that I'll get round to doing soon, with pictures of Kamakura, Gokurakuji and Enoshima! :D

JohnBraden 01-29-2011 02:30 AM

Were those shots of the Keio Plaza Hotel taken from your hotel? Angle is all wrong for the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building observation deck....

Nice shots, btw!

Umihito 01-29-2011 02:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 848734)
Were those shots of the Keio Plaza Hotel taken from your hotel? Angle is all wrong for the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building observation deck....

Nice shots, btw!

Nope, I've forgotten the name of the building they were taken from now. All I can tell you is that it had huge elevators, and the the top floor it had an Italian restaurant and an observation deck, as well as loads of other restaurants. :D

I've got a (probably) unhelpful pic here too. You could see right down through the middle of the building near the elevators, like so:

And thanks for the compliment! :D

JohnBraden 01-29-2011 02:54 AM

Okay, thanks.... I'll google it....

masaegu 01-29-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 848738)
Okay, thanks.... I'll google it....

That is Shinjuku Sumitomo Building.

JohnBraden 01-29-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masaegu (Post 848742)

Thanks! I looked it up on google maps so I can get a street view of the building.... It's not much too look at, so I think I just missed it last time around! I don't remember if it was there in 2005 when I stayed at the Keio Plaza. 4 months ago, I stayed at the Shinagawa Prince; I never made it to Shinjuku....

Umihito 01-29-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masaegu (Post 848742)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 848744)
Thanks! I looked it up on google maps so I can get a street view of the building.... It's not much too look at, so I think I just missed it last time around! I don't remember if it was there in 2005 when I stayed at the Keio Plaza. 4 months ago, I stayed at the Shinagawa Prince; I never made it to Shinjuku....

Just checked on masaegu's info and it most certainly is the Sumitomo Building. Thanks!

It's REALLY hard to find any info on it online.... hard building to research. :/
But a few seconds of video clip I found confirmed it. :p

I tried that too when I got the name. I only managed to go to Shinjuku at night so it looks a LOT different than in the day. And it really isn't much to look at eh lol I only went in it because it was the closest skyscraper to me that the public were going in, and it had some food at the top and I was starving. lol
It was a good skyscraper though. Good food and good views. I remember now, the Government buildings are really near it, and when looking out the observatory you can have a great close up view of the top of them. :D

masaegu 01-29-2011 04:10 AM

We Shinjuku locals call it the Sankaku Biru, the Triangular Building.

http://www.gnavi.co.jp/sumitomobldg/

JamboP26 01-29-2011 11:37 AM

Wow. Thanks for posting the pics. You've made my choice even clearer. A high-quality camera & video camera will be required for Japan :D

Umihito 01-30-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamboP26 (Post 848796)
Wow. Thanks for posting the pics. You've made my choice even clearer. A high-quality camera & video camera will be required for Japan :D

No problem. :D
Definitely. When I went I didn't take my video camera. Then I got it out one day and saw my old footage I got from Spain, and found out a video camera is really the best way to keep memories. In July when I go next, I'll be sure to take my video camera with me too and get some video.

I'll also take a better quality camera too. Believe it or not, all these were taken with just a compact digital camera. Next time I wanna take a D-SLR professional camera lol :p

Fluidz 03-07-2011 10:30 AM

Can't wait until I go and see this myself!

Polar 03-10-2011 01:02 AM

Nice stuff !