JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
BURLYZ (Offline)
Banned

03-05-2007, 04:19 AM

The mixed KONYAKU onsens are a deeply guarded Japanese secret. Foreigners are not aloud to partake in these full nudity male and female onsens.

Needless to say I have been invited to them by my Japanese friends and enjoyed it, but only because they do not view me as a foreigner, I have completely integrated into their culture and it takes many years to get to this level with them.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-05-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURLYZ View Post
The mixed KONYAKU onsens are a deeply guarded Japanese secret. Foreigners are not aloud to partake in these full nudity male and female onsens.

Needless to say I have been invited to them by my Japanese friends and enjoyed it, but only because they do not view me as a foreigner, I have completely integrated into their culture and it takes many years to get to this level with them.

Umm that is not 100% true, I have been to a Konyaku and I only been there for 5 months or so ^_^ I dont know if maybe you are older (dont know your age) than me but I enjoyed a good cultural experience, maybe that or I’m a really strange Gaijin ^_^ (most of my friends dont see me as a gaijin either)

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#43 (permalink))
Old
BLo (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2007, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiros View Post
Could someone be so kind to direct me to the mixed bathing onsens?
I would very much like to go and met with some ladies there.
I have been to the mixed konnyaku onsens and rotemburo many times. They were full of old people.Probably you cannot meet a nubile Japanese lady at such places. I am not old. In the onsen many old men laughed and pulled strange faces at me, while the old women called out to the men and tried to encourage them to come and talk to me. Old people should be more modest I think. Maybe if I had worn the ceremonial octopus it would not have happened.
Also, the 'eau de rotten eggs' is not conducive to a romantic atmosphere. My own boyfriend will not let me in his car for several days after visiting an onsen, because he says I stink. You would be better off going to the beach. The women there wear some clothes it is true, but sometimes that can be more sexy than total nakedness I've heard.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
BURLYZ (Offline)
Banned

03-05-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
Umm that is not 100% true, I have been to a Konyaku and I only been there for 5 months or so ^_^ I dont know if maybe you are older (dont know your age) than me but I enjoyed a good cultural experience, maybe that or I’m a really strange Gaijin ^_^ (most of my friends dont see me as a gaijin either)
Tell me more about this "cultural experience" because I am 100% sure that you are lying.

BLo may be telling the truth, since they are not afraid of foreign women entering the special mixed bathing.

And by the way, Kuroneko, I was just testing you. It's Konyoku 混浴, not Konyaku. That also proves you don't know what you're talking about AT ALL.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-05-2007, 05:10 AM

Hey Kasumi do you have any more Onsen pics If you dont mind could i post some of mine?

Oh BTW

Quote:
Tell me more about this "cultural experience" because I am 100% sure that you are lying.

BLo may be telling the truth, since they are not afraid of foreign women entering the special mixed bathing.

And by the way, Kuroneko, I was just testing you. It's Konyoku 混浴, not Konyaku. That also proves you don't know what you're talking about AT ALL.
You don't have to beleve me if you dont want to (free forum an all )... actually Im I bit lazy when it come to seeing if Japanese correct or not. I just copyed and pasted it on to my post.

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."

Last edited by Kuroneko : 03-05-2007 at 06:13 AM.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Kepahl (Offline)
Banned

03-05-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I had some excellent time in the onsens and took some pictures.

Here I am in the highest level onsen called a rotenburo. I had to hike for 25 kilometers before I found the natural and elusive rotenburo:

Also, here is a picture that my girlfriend took inside the ladies onsen up on Mt Winaki:

Finally, my girlfriend took a picture inside a waterfall-type of onsen near Niigata prefecture set deep in the Japanese Arupusu:

Nakedness is very common in Japan and people don't associate sex with nakedness as they do in the west. People are not ashamed of their bodies as they are in Western countries and this is part of the beauty of Japan.

Please notice that the woman with small breasts in the picture is wearing a ceremonial octopus on her head for bathing.
Can you prove that is a photo of yourself by telling us what is in that bucket?
(#47 (permalink))
Old
SonOfBanzai (Offline)
Banned

03-05-2007, 12:41 PM

Plese foreigns remeber that onsen is no toilet. Plese is not urine to onsen or night soil like Russia man to Hokkaido. They are like apes.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Shona (Offline)
Banned

03-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Wow BURLYZ you look hot! You look like you could do with a decent meal but your hot non the less.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-05-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Nakedness is very common in Japan and people don't associate sex with nakedness as they do in the west. People are not ashamed of their bodies as they are in Western countries and this is part of the beauty of Japan.
and this is why I love Japan, a lot of westerners (I.e my American Friends) are kind of immature/ignorant when it comes to nudity. When I told my friends that men bath together in an onsen. They where like "Why would you do that?" and Jokingly "Are you gay?" I of course didn't really see any thing wrong with it. its the most natural thing thing you can experience.

They also asked me about mix bathing. and i reluctantly said "Yes, even today that is still there." and they responded with "Soo was it like a big ****" I care not to go in to detail but I was a little insulted. To this day I only have one friend that has the same view on this issue as me.

So I to completely understand this beauty you speak of.

Last edited by Kuroneko : 03-09-2007 at 12:42 AM.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-06-2007, 02:20 AM

Is a ceremonial octopuss really an actual octopuss