JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Trip Reports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-trip-reports/)
-   -   The Onsen (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-trip-reports/421-onsen.html)

NinjaKasumi123 10-29-2006 06:06 PM

The Onsen

Onsen means japanese hot spring bath. ^_^ I can say people usually use them for relaxation and heals the pain (ok i played too much Tenchu). You want a nice view. Here's the pictures!

aaahh... can you imagine you're in this picture together with your girl/boyfriend, friends and your family?

croatiankid 10-29-2006 06:37 PM

We have a lot of hot springs here in Croatia, but they're not nearly as developed (read: nice) as the one in these pictures is.

Vesperd 10-29-2006 08:11 PM

Nice pictures, will be sure to hit the hot spring baths, next time im in Japan :)

MasterHien 10-29-2006 08:38 PM

man those hot spring look nice to relax on i feel like i wanna jump in one right now :)

Avary_Ninja 10-29-2006 09:58 PM

Also great for peeking over the fence ^^;

Quigley 10-30-2006 06:07 AM

While staying at the Resort Olivean on Shososhima (all the Osaka high rollers bring their girlfriends to this place... they only rent Bently's and have a private heliport! Super fancy!) I checked out their world-famous onsen. The resort owner spent over 2.5 million dollars JUST TO DRILL to hit the spring! The water is over 250 million years old... It felt AMAZINGGGG... Most relaxing experience of my life... especially the outdoor section that overlooks the Japan Inland Sea!

Pics up once I get on my other computer. I promise :). I have a TON of pics from my trip to Japan, if anyone wants the link to where I have them posted...

bakugekiNZ 10-30-2006 08:56 AM

Gotta love onsen :D

Kyushu is full of them. Honestly, Oita and Kumamoto, ONSEN IPPAI!

kainpendragon 10-30-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quigley (Post 3640)
While staying at the Resort Olivean on Shososhima (all the Osaka high rollers bring their girlfriends to this place... they only rent Bently's and have a private heliport! Super fancy!) I checked out their world-famous onsen. The resort owner spent over 2.5 million dollars JUST TO DRILL to hit the spring! The water is over 250 million years old... It felt AMAZINGGGG... Most relaxing experience of my life... especially the outdoor section that overlooks the Japan Inland Sea!

Pics up once I get on my other computer. I promise :). I have a TON of pics from my trip to Japan, if anyone wants the link to where I have them posted...

I love to take my girlfriends there to it looks really nice think about girls these *nose Bleed*

NinjaKasumi123 10-30-2006 07:33 PM

I have one question, why do people put Towel on their heads while they are bathing in the Onsen?

kainpendragon 10-30-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaKasumi123 (Post 3777)
I have one question, why do people put Towel on their heads while they are bathing in the Onsen?

because you don't want to get your hair wet, no have your hair floating in the water and normal you bath out side of the tub or hot spring and use the spring or tub to relax the muscles and cleans the spirt. For men it still just a pervert fanstasy spot thou lol