LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Impo (Offline)
New to JF
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Can you help me? - 12-22-2007, 11:48 PM

Tell me something about this painting and artist of it. Painter gave it to me, 20 years ago in Tokyo. I can´t remember his name. Can you translate name or meaning of calligaphy in corner.

Thank you for all information.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Japanilainen taulu.jpg (79.3 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Impo : 12-23-2007 at 02:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#2 (permalink))
aimino (Offline)
New to JF
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: tokyo
Send a message via Skype™ to aimino
12-23-2007, 02:40 AM

It says that the name of painter is Hashimoto Tomohisa.
I checked his name on google, but I couldn't find any information
Reply With Quote
(#3 (permalink))
danslak (Offline)
JF Regular
Posts: 30
Join Date: Dec 2007
12-23-2007, 04:28 AM

You might ask an expert. I've got a book by Richard S. Thornton on Japanese Graphic design from the last 100 years. Here's some info on him to track him down. If your artist is the least bit famous, seems if anyone would know, he would.

Richard S. Thornton is a professor of art in graphic design at the University of Connecticut. He has written extensively on graphic design in several publications. In 1990 he received a Fulbright Scholars Award to study in Japan. In 1991 his book on the history of Japanese graphic design, The Graphic Spirit of Japan, was published by Van Nostrand Reinhold. He is the current chapter president of Phi Kappa Phi at the University of Connecticut.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6