JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

Art Shows in Japan - 03-06-2007, 02:29 AM

Hi Everybody! With spring on the way, my precious snow is beginning to melt away. Therefore it is almost time for me to start doing some site seeing and of course frequenting those awesome Tokyo art shows. Hopefully I will stop being so lazy and find an online host for my pics so I can post them on JF. Then you will have pictures to go along with my totally amature art reviews.

In the meantime, amuse yourself by checking out this website dedicated to the arts in Japan. 東京アートビート - Tokyo Art Beat - 東京のアート・デザイン展カレンダー
(#2 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-06-2007, 06:45 AM

for those in kansai area check out

wwww.kansaiscence.com for the latest montly information

by the way, there is an event in Kyoto called the "Kyoto-Higashi-yama Hantouro 2007"
they will be lightning candles all over the street from Shorenin and Kiyomizu Temple and Maruyama Park from march 10-21

just check out the details in the site

Last edited by samokan : 03-07-2007 at 05:18 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
nihonga (Offline)
JF Regular

03-06-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
Hi Everybody! With spring on the way, my precious snow is beginning to melt away. Therefore it is almost time for me to start doing some site seeing and of course frequenting those awesome Tokyo art shows. Hopefully I will stop being so lazy and find an online host for my pics so I can post them on JF. Then you will have pictures to go along with my totally amature art reviews.

In the meantime, amuse yourself by checking out this website dedicated to the arts in Japan. 東京アートビート - Tokyo Art Beat - 東京のアート・デザイン展カレンダー
Tokyo Art Beat is a great resource! You can post pictures on Flickr and just hotlink them into posts on the forum, I think. Or maybe you could post them on the photo part of this site.

The Japanese contemporary art scene is definitely getting stronger. Art Fair Tokyo should be interesting in April.

"Youths of Japan, scrawl your graffiti in kanji!" -Tenmyouya
(#4 (permalink))
Old
projekt (Offline)
New to JF

03-14-2007, 10:34 PM

just wondering if anyone has any recommendation of any great online art reviews in japan for non japanese speakers like me =) thanks!