JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Art (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-art/)
-   -   kanji tattoo help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-art/15296-kanji-tattoo-help.html)

DeathcoreFranky 05-06-2008 02:36 AM

kanji tattoo help

I got a tattoo the other day of a kanji symbol meaning demon and i didn't have a picture of it on me and so i trusted that the shop would have the right symbol and now i can't find it anywhere so i don't think it means demon and i'm really frustrated, i really need someones help.

heres a couple pictures

tommasi 05-06-2008 03:08 AM

I mean it looks kind of like that but not quite right.

It should be written like this and if you wanted a demon/evil, it should have been 悪魔 but one letter would have looked better anyways so it doesn't matter.

It also looks like 鹿, which means a deer.

DeathcoreFranky 05-06-2008 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommasi (Post 482726)
It should be written like this.

ya i know it is i was wondering what the one on my neck means cuz im pretty much stuck with it now that was probly the stupidest decision ive ever made

tommasi 05-06-2008 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathcoreFranky (Post 482727)
ya i know it is i was wondering what the one on my neck means

As long as I know, it doesn't mean anything because it's a fake kanji.

It's just like those ball players like Marcus Camby who has 勉族 and it doesn't mean anything.

Hatredcopter 05-06-2008 03:22 AM

I agree it does look quite a bit similar to the 'deer' kanji. You sure person at the tattoo parlor didn't misunderstand you? Demon.. deer.. demon.. deer.

DeathcoreFranky 05-06-2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatredcopter (Post 482730)
I agree it does look quite a bit similar to the 'deer' kanji. You sure person at the tattoo parlor didn't misunderstand you? Demon.. deer.. demon.. deer.

haha ya im sure cuz i picked it out of the book and underneath it it said demon i made sure cuz i dint want this to happen and well it did

tommasi 05-06-2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatredcopter (Post 482730)

I mean it's a miracle if those tattoo parlors have correct kanji prints...

DeathcoreFranky 05-06-2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommasi (Post 482732)
I mean it's a miracle if those tattoo parlors have correct kanji prints...

i know that now

tommasi 05-06-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathcoreFranky (Post 482731)
haha ya im sure cuz i picked it out of the book and underneath it it said demon i made sure cuz i dint want this to happen and well it did

Just don't show it to Chinese or Japanese person. Otherwise nobody would notice.

DeathcoreFranky 05-06-2008 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommasi (Post 482735)
Just don't show it to Chinese or Japanese person. Otherwise nobody would notice.

Do u think that theres anyway i could slightly alter it to make a different word or for that matter a word