JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Art (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-art/)
-   -   Frustrating Things About Drawing Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-art/16419-frustrating-things-about-drawing-manga.html)

sakari09 06-26-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip (Post 522034)
XD well,

In my opinion in most styles of art, the background is simply to take up space and add texture. nothing more. So detail in teh background or worrying about if its on the scale of the character doesn't matter too much.

As far as drawing one character and the other looking different...You should ALWAYS sketch out the entire still-scene. Every character and object..That way you can go back in later and do hard lines.

Also, use the pencil length method. Draw one head and size it with your pencil, using your thumb to hold the size..then copy the size for the next character. A lot of artists will use the tip of their pencil for their lengthening, but i like to take a knife and knick my pencil somewhere for my starting marker and use my thumb for the second. Using the tip of your pencil will make it slightly innaccurate due to lead wearing down as you go to draw. Unles you draw very lightly.

And for objects it's all depth so i hope you use that dot we were all taught to use back in middle school for depth.

It takes a lot of time x.x But what doesn't. You'll get it.

I do occasionally use the pencil method..but instead of a pencil I have an old paint brush that I nick with a knife.

Ven 06-27-2008 05:24 PM

i have the most trouble on arms, hands, legs, and feet. for the hair i just draw large spikes and put them together

MomoXMomo 06-27-2008 05:27 PM

I think most people have a hard time drawing hands and feet. I know I do. But it's also hard for me to draw a character from the side.

allie2590 06-27-2008 06:00 PM

I have a tough time with hair, hands and proportions. I can never seem to get it right.

sakari09 06-30-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomoXMomo (Post 523796)
I think most people have a hard time drawing hands and feet. I know I do. But it's also hard for me to draw a character from the side.

I've had some trouble with that in the past...With different views and all. For the most part I have it pretty much down..:phgirl:

sakari09 06-30-2008 05:08 PM

I get that too don't worry...

ThuMpeR 07-02-2008 12:08 AM

I have problems with background. It's hard to pack details on A4 paper lol.

Amnell 07-02-2008 12:28 AM

I've only just started drawing at all, and so far have been most frustrated by shadows and eyes. I haven't even tried to do hands and feet yet o_o; . I tried hair for the first time a couple nights ago... that didn't come out so well...

After my dismal failure on hair, I looked around on deviantArt for tips and found this: Drawing Anime Hair: Bangs by ~Crysa on deviantART . It's more specific to bangs, but I imagine that's the most important part of hair, what with its being in full view all the time.

Also try deviantART Search: anime hair tutorial , which is the search results page where the first link comes from.

agikito 07-04-2008 11:45 PM

well i draw manga all the time so i could give u a few tips like for eyes you could line up the places where the eyes r going to go.-for the hair you could try to fit the hair style with the characters personality

VampireGirl1314 07-05-2008 03:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hate how you always end up messing up the whole thing and have to start over.>^_^<