JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Fire_Girl625 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Fire_Girl625 Send a message via Yahoo to Fire_Girl625
07-06-2008, 05:14 PM

I have one problem, but this pertains to all styles of drawing-Forshortening. I have so much trouble with it, which sucks when I want to do an action pose.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

07-06-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteajunkie View Post
There seems to be so many things that get on my nerves and i loathe to draw! Please complain and give reccomendations everyone!

Backgrounds: I either don't know where to put the characters, or have to draw backgrounds after drawing the characters and they somehow get in the way! Also, drawing characters sitting down on chairs at tables and such is really annoying and difficult.
Eyes: Sometimes i'll draw one eye and i'll go to do the next one and it will be either a. totally different looking, or, b. totally different size.
Hair: OK, this is just plain out HARD!

ok

1. when your drawing in each panel think of it like a movie. lets say your character is sitting down in a chair and the other one is standing. when you draw it think ok hes sitting here and the chair is here and he's talking in this scene. if you dont have any room inside the panel for word bubbles, then draw it over the panel.

2. i used to do the same thing with the eyes. it takes practice to get it down the way you want it. but when you draw a face use the cross technique + to align the eyes do 2 lines instead of one to align the top and bottom part of the eyes. but be sure not to put the eyes to close together or far apart. leave a small gap between the ears and the eyes and a large space from the center.

hair is a pretty simple thing to do once you understand its science. the hair wont stick straight up but slope downwards (gravity).short hair will stick up thought because the weight of it is lighter. when drawing hair be sure the head isnt to long and oval and measure the forehead so that when you draw the hair it doesnt look like the characters forehead is too high or low. when drawing the hair use the area where the hair grows from as a marker. this part is harder to explain without a visual. but look at manga to see how the hair is drawn.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
07-06-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agikito View Post
well i draw manga all the time so i could give u a few tips like for eyes you could line up the places where the eyes r going to go.-for the hair you could try to fit the hair style with the characters personality
advice like this means nothing to people who have no clue what the hell you mean.

That's like handing someone a pencil and saying "make stuff with it"

yes..of course...i'll make "stuff"..but what size..color...how curvey...how soft how gentle how smooth...and where do i start.
-.-

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

07-07-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip View Post
advice like this means nothing to people who have no clue what the hell you mean.

That's like handing someone a pencil and saying "make stuff with it"

yes..of course...i'll make "stuff"..but what size..color...how curvey...how soft how gentle how smooth...and where do i start.
-.-
im making a little how to draw for anyone who wants to take a look, ill put it up later this week when i have time.

(#35 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM

That would be great...most of the how to draw manga books around here are really baby-fied...it's rather annoying..

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

07-10-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakari09 View Post
That would be great...most of the how to draw manga books around here are really baby-fied...it's rather annoying..
know what you mean. they do help but for me they just spend too much time explaining something that can be done pretty simple. anyways i finished it just have to scan it and put it up when i have time

(#37 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
07-11-2008, 09:34 PM

i hate how when you try and take some relaity of the object at hand you have to make it bigger to draw the effct of that objects existence. Like an nose, to actually draw the thing that might perk your interest alittle more the nose becoes bigger by the end of the face, then you have to resize it, cutting out information...or when you try and draw a freakin bird it never stays still...or how when i draw something that has a TON of landscape in it, i can't get everything...I can't match reality...uuuh mukatsuku...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#38 (permalink))
Old
greenteajunkie (Offline)
JF Regular

07-13-2008, 01:18 AM

I'm actually getting musch better with the hair and eyes, yay! but backgrounds still intimidate me... i mean, really, wtfudge am i supposed to put in the background, i'm much too lazy to draw buildings, trees, etc. Also coloring finished art... grrrrrrrr I'm stuck with rose art colored pencils (me=cheap ) and have trouble making it look clean and crisp with them. I need copic or phtoshop... but, again, soooo pricey.

Perhaps stars fall, just as the rain

Until they burn on a windowpane

The grief of loss no written place

It is simply painted, on my face.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
07-14-2008, 06:48 PM

I'm good with hair, and usually with eyes.
Hands, I have so much trouble with, only because I want them to pe perfect! [I have a real-life obsession with hands]
Bodies, I'm good at...backgrounds I'm okay with, but I usually just keep them simple, or just don't draw them at all. Sideviews of faces are difficult for me...I don't know why. I guess I've just gotta practice them

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#40 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
07-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteajunkie View Post
I'm actually getting musch better with the hair and eyes, yay! but backgrounds still intimidate me... i mean, really, wtfudge am i supposed to put in the background, i'm much too lazy to draw buildings, trees, etc. Also coloring finished art... grrrrrrrr I'm stuck with rose art colored pencils (me=cheap ) and have trouble making it look clean and crisp with them. I need copic or phtoshop... but, again, soooo pricey.
I've got the same prob w/ the whole money thingy...I did find a manga software...but it was over $100! I was like, "This sucks..."