JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
SuGrocks (Offline)
JF Regular

08-19-2008, 10:35 PM

im good at drawing the face and i love to draw the hair, i just go completly crazy w/ it and make it look really...idk...like someone from a jrock band's hair. anyway, i have trouble with drawing in them in diff. poses. im good w/ angles but sometimes i have trouble w/ the arms.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
ujifujimoto (Offline)
New to JF

08-22-2008, 02:23 PM

my weakness has always been architecture and backgrounds. esp. when its really complicated it takes alot of patience. So Im trying to simplify my backgrounds but still make them look good
(#83 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
08-22-2008, 02:30 PM

I've had to simplify my backgrounds too. Don't worry.

(#84 (permalink))
Old
Koyuki (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Koyuki
09-06-2008, 03:09 PM

The most challenging in drawing manga is that sometimes people have a sudden low self esteem with tehir work, then they spent much times in correcting their work and forget to give taste in their story. I'm not really good either in making manga i never finished mine >,< , but i find out what i just say is one of the reason people getting tired and almost surrender. JUst be confidence and finished your story along with your emotion, everything need process. Great mangakas in Japan takes times to be on their level rite now. Ja, Ganbatte ne~!

....and I see for one fleeting moment
A paradise under the sun
I drift away
And I make my way back to you...
(#85 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
04-28-2009, 07:06 PM

hmm, the biggest problems for me are: posing a character, hands, and perspective.

but I think that if you want to really draw good manga, u have to draw real people first. that seems to be the biggest problem i see with newer artists, they jump straight into manga and never really study how a real person looks.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

04-28-2009, 07:28 PM

I've only just started practising since I enjoy reading it so much. So many things I do wrong as I'm a beginner but I find the worst sin I commit is drawing clunky hands. Sometimes I feel like making manga with a world of people who walk around with their hands in their pockets all day.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
04-28-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintKat View Post
Sometimes I feel like making manga with a world of people who walk around with their hands in their pockets all day.

NO! you should make a manga about people's hands! or a manga where everyone talks with sign language! Draw as many hands as u can! it's the only way u'll improve
(#88 (permalink))
Old
AnimeBaby112 (Offline)
Banned

04-28-2009, 07:58 PM

I always have a problem with hands and eyes...(one is bigger than the other, they look weird...) Sometimes I find nice hands in magazines or have my mum model for me, if you try enough, it will eventually work. I freak out a lot about that, but I usually just go back to the drawing after calming down.
Another thing I have trouble with is...well backgrounds and the starting picture if I am drawing a story. Good luck with your drawing, everyone!
(#89 (permalink))
Old
animefan78 (Offline)
JF Regular

Angry frustrating things about drawing manga - 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM

coming up with character designs and details like faces and body designs are the hardest things for me to draw when i try and draw mangas.

akatsuki clan member Zaraki
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

04-28-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteajunkie View Post
There seems to be so many things that get on my nerves and i loathe to draw! Please complain and give reccomendations everyone!

Backgrounds: I either don't know where to put the characters, or have to draw backgrounds after drawing the characters and they somehow get in the way! Also, drawing characters sitting down on chairs at tables and such is really annoying and difficult.
Eyes: Sometimes i'll draw one eye and i'll go to do the next one and it will be either a. totally different looking, or, b. totally different size.
Hair: OK, this is just plain out HARD!
For drawing backgrounds, im starting to go to certain places and take some pictures for reference. not just from one angle but from several.

when drawing difficult poses use a program called Poser 7, i tell everyone that. ill put examples at the end.

for doing eyes i found a simple way of doing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drawing eyes 1 001.jpg (24.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg drawing eyes 2 001.jpg (18.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Drawings eyes 3 001.jpg (33.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg kotomi example.jpg (52.3 KB, 15 views)

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders