JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
nutteenaon (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Toro Nagashi Question! - 02-26-2009, 04:29 PM

Hello Everyone,
I need some help, I live in the State and we are going to have memorial day weekend in May. My assignment is to look for a lantern to realease in the river. I have look and look online and found this pretty box lanterns that is related to Toro Nagashi festival. Do you guys have any idea how can I purchase or order or how to make it? so I can float them in the river in order to remember the love ones.
Thank you for your help!
Mai
(#2 (permalink))
Old
hinosaru (Offline)
New to JF

Seeking Toro Nagashi Answers - 04-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Hello, Mai,

I too seek information on Toro Nagashi in the States. Have you found any satisfactory answers? I find "Chinese" and "Japanese" paper lanterns at Pier 1, World Bazaar, and Michael's craft store. But I do not find a raft or boat I can float the lantern on.

I see there is a You Tube of the Lantern Floating Ceremony in Hawaii. These look like lanterns and pontoons that can be easily made from simple materials. I have contacted the foundation responsible for the Lantern Floating. I have asked them to share the plan for their lantern and pontoon with me. I can pass on this information, if and when I receive it.

Good luck in your search. Best wishes for peace and joy in your life,

hinosaru