JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
markjohngraver (Offline)
New to JF

tattoo - 09-17-2009, 11:15 PM

Hi

My wife would like to get a tattoo done and we live in Pennsylvania, USA. We want to find an artist who also is Japanese so that we get the correct words written. Can anyone direct us?

Mark
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
09-18-2009, 02:30 AM

make sure they don't put it on mirror imaged. tattoo artists print, and stencil it on, so most of the time when they print to stencil it the tattoo becomes mirror imaged. also, people on these sites highly discriminate against kanji tattoo's. i myself don't like kanji tattoo's because you are getting something you do not have any knowledge of, but "wow that looks like a cool symbol". i won't stop you, but please! don't get it upside down, backwards, or mirrored

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#3 (permalink))
Old
markjohngraver (Offline)
New to JF

09-18-2009, 01:37 PM

yea good to know thanks
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

07-22-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjohngraver View Post
Hi

My wife would like to get a tattoo done and we live in Pennsylvania, USA. We want to find an artist who also is Japanese so that we get the correct words written. Can anyone direct us?

Mark
this is probably a bit late judging from the date of your post, but do not get 活字 - print font kanji. It will be ridiculous, and it is usually what tattoo stores offer. If you guys still need help, let me know what text you want and we could design a tattoo. I am studying Japanese and Chinese calligraphy for past 7 years in Tokyo, and will do it with pleasure.