JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

05-15-2007, 05:15 AM

My bonsai tree died!!!! I'm so sad it was groing fine too, But then I Snaped the base of the tree when watering it one day And it died days latter、I think for now I'm going to give it a break But I will try again soon。

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Jo_Kittie (Offline)
Still owns Uruha's ass.

Send a message via MSN to Jo_Kittie
05-15-2007, 01:55 PM

i saw a programme on discovery where they make that stuff.. hmm..

anyhow, they're cute <3

x麗 性x

last.fmfacialbookfamilyyoutube

Uruha, Bou, Yuuto, Shiyuu, Yuuichi, Yomi, Hiko, Hide, Zero
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
My bonsai tree died!!!! I'm so sad it was groing fine too, But then I Snaped the base of the tree when watering it one day And it died days latter、I think for now I'm going to give it a break But I will try again soon。

aww.. and iwas looking forward to hearing about it too

keep your head up high, and try again soon, maybe ill do it too, it looks like fun!!

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#24 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-10-2009, 10:01 PM

I too would like to grow a bonsai tree but I've no idea where to start. Are there many types of bonsai tree? The pink one pictured above is beautiful!

EDIT: that would be a japnese maple, i think.. Looks good to me.. anyone got tips on growing one? places to buy them/seeds?

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 04-10-2009 at 10:05 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

04-11-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
I too would like to grow a bonsai tree but I've no idea where to start. Are there many types of bonsai tree? The pink one pictured above is beautiful!

EDIT: that would be a japnese maple, i think.. Looks good to me.. anyone got tips on growing one? places to buy them/seeds?
Basically you can use any type of shrub for a bonsai. Technically almost all bonsai are just shrubs. Now when your just starting I recommend that you start of with a full ground tree as there much easier to keep alive then growing it from a seed (Ive killed too many that way ) Now on the other hand you have a very good green thumb you can try and grow one. the site below can direct you to several sites that sell "bonsai" seeds. (remember all bonsai are just shrubs) you could even look at your local green house for some shrubs that have good potential, something that looks like a small tree. The Juniper its very easy to handle shrub and is the most common type of bonsai that you will see, also if you miss a day of watering It wont just die on you. Just remember that they are acid loving plants but when you go to fertilize them don't use anything too strong. (you don't want to burn the root.) I forget what I use because I don't buy it that often but i can try to get back to you on that. Fertilizing should be done at least 4 times a week (every other day) in the summer and in the winter should be cut back to 2 or 3 times a month. (if you live in a colder climate)

so that is about all i have for you at the moment. Let me know if you need some other info, like how to train them or other techniques.

Tree seeds by Misho bonsai

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."

Last edited by Kuroneko : 04-11-2009 at 05:06 AM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

04-11-2009, 05:48 AM

I want to grow one. But I kinda think that it would die, because im so darn lazy. ha ha

But anyhew I would like to try it someday.....someday. :P

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

04-11-2009, 09:02 AM

wow.. and there was me thinking all i had to was put it on the windowledge and put water on it every other day..

What Kuroneko said makes me want to get a dog or something instead because all you have to do is "walkies" and put water on it...

I don't even know what fertilizer is.. nevermind how much acid I've got!? lol

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#28 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

04-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Their really pretty!!
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

04-12-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
wow.. and there was me thinking all i had to was put it on the windowledge and put water on it every other day..

What Kuroneko said makes me want to get a dog or something instead because all you have to do is "walkies" and put water on it...

I don't even know what fertilizer is.. nevermind how much acid I've got!? lol
Well Junipers are easy and you can do just that. But its like any other plant needs food and water.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

04-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
Well Junipers are easy and you can do just that. But its like any other plant needs food and water.
Thanks for all your help, I'll nip down the local garden centre later and see what I can do, I'll post pics