JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

Lightbulb Bonsai Trees 盆栽 - 03-16-2007, 05:59 AM

Well I Just decided to finally grow my first Bonsai tree, and I thought, Hey I could post this on Japan Forum show some people how as I go threw the process myself.

Well for starters growing a Bonsai Tree (I hear) is easy. You find some shrub, bush, small tree, or you can grow your own buy purchasing Bonsai seeds. (shrub, bush or really small tree seeds ^_^)
These are not ones I took Photos of Just a quick yahoo search, I post some of my photos latter ^_^

Bonsai(盆栽) literally "potted plant" is a bush or shrub that is grown in such a way that it appears it has survived the extremes of nature. Using wires, pulleys, and weights the artist creates a miniature, weathered version of their full sized counterparts.

Though Bonsai is seen as Japanese, its origins bring it back to the main land of China. In Chinese it is know as pinyin (盆景) or “tray scenery". Chinese philosophers, saw nature in its beauty and wrote poetry, drew partings, and capture is attractiveness with miniature trees.

Now that the small history lesson is done; I’m going to move on to the preparations for the Bonsai tree. Not every thing is done at the moment, I just started after all but will soon be complete at (maybe) the middle of summer (if things go right ^_^) If you would like to follow along and possibly create your own Bonsai, or if you have any advice you can give me, feel free PM me. Ive done a little bonsai in japan (but was dumb enough not to take a photo of one of mine )

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."

Last edited by Kuroneko : 03-16-2007 at 06:41 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
03-16-2007, 06:03 AM

I love those little trees, so cute!
Hey, I've heard that the correct way to say 'bonsai' was with a long 'e' and not 'i' at the end, is that true?
Good info, maybe I will grow one...*cough* try...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-16-2007, 06:10 AM

I first started off by buying this cheap $6.95 Mini Bonsai Kit I purchased at a Sam Goody.

Not sure if it will turn out all right but this will be my stating point, (I may end up going to a green house and buying another set of seeds and soil from them)

This set included Bonsai Pot; Peat Pellet, (hard soil I think); Scissors, for trimming; Bonsai book; and 4 or 4 ½ seeds ^_^.

I then proceeded to place the 4, 4 ½ seed in water for 24 hours.

And this is where I must stop for today. (hasn’t been 24 hours yet ^_^)

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#4 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-16-2007, 06:11 AM

You sure it doesn't mean "potted tree"? XD~! Chibi trees are so terribly conveniently portable.. and cute ^_^

Yeah, I've also heard people pronouncing it as "Bonsaeee".. O.o

It'd be cool if you could post what is inside that bonsai book though.. haha

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-16-2007, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
You sure it doesn't mean "potted tree"? XD~! Chibi trees are so terribly conveniently portable.. and cute ^_^

Yeah, I've also heard people pronouncing it as "Bonsaeee".. O.o

It'd be cool if you could post what is inside that bonsai book though.. haha

Bonsaeee is not the right way to say it. ( I think english or something) Its Bon-sai, i as in "Eye"

The Kanji for "Bon" is festive and the Kanji for "sai' is for planting.

So it doesn't literallymean "potted plant" or "potted tree" but put together pretty much means "potted plant" (just trust me on this lol^_^)

I dont think i can post whats in side the book (bad things could happen ^_^)so heres the link for that kit I bough (I think they have a different type now.) then you can find out for yourself whats in side the book ^_^
Running Press Books

(#6 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

03-16-2007, 06:27 AM

Ok... Bad things..? Suspicious lol..

O.o Thanks for the link ^^
doesn't say much tho...

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
NightStrike (Offline)
Wandering Knight

03-16-2007, 06:29 AM

I believe the term is Copy Right Infringement! XD -lmao
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-16-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStrike View Post
I believe the term is Copy Right Infringement! XD -lmao
Right on the money ^_^

*Awards NightStrike with 5,000 Kuro dollars for the right chose of words. Kuro dollars not good any where but here! even then you can't use them ^_^*

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-16-2007, 06:38 AM

This Bonsai is so cool

(#10 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

03-16-2007, 06:44 AM

Love the leaf color..