JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
boostedGS (Offline)
New to JF

Tattoo Parlor in Okinawa? - 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM

I'm going to Japan next month, I'll be in Okinawa for about a week and a half, then I will be going to Chiba for 3 days.

I'm from Los Angeles, and I wanted to get a tattoo for years. I want a sleeve and chest plate. I could have one done here, but I rather get a legit Tebori style tattoo from Japan.

Does anyone know of any tattoo artists in Okinawa area that can do yakuza style tats? (Like Hiroyoshi III)

Thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Will they let you get that much work done in ten days? I don't think so...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
boostedGS (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Will they let you get that much work done in ten days? I don't think so...
I'm not expecting it to be done in 10days, but if anything, I want an outline, and I would be going back to Japan to get it finished (If its from the right artist) I am willing to pay top dollar. I'm going to try to stop by Yokohama to see Horiyoshi III, talk to him, make a future appt (if he has a long waiting list)

Over here in SoCal, theres an artist named Jess Yen (Horiyen), and hes mastered the Japanese tattoos, and he has support from Horiyoshi III and his tools are from him, so if anything, I can go to him, if I can't get anythign done at all.

I figured, if I get it done overseas, it would have more meaning also, bc there would be more of a story to it kinda, and its more "legit" especially if I get something done by Horiyoshi III, or someone close to his status and style.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
05-06-2010, 02:11 AM

I thought Horiyoshi III passed? I may have read wrong, but I mean... I'm PRETTY sure he's gone to a better place.

EDIT: Never mind. But I was so sure I'd read he died on his myspace. :\

You'd better have A LOT of money, kiddo.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.

Last edited by Aota : 05-06-2010 at 02:13 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-06-2010, 03:01 AM

It appears Horitaka III lives in Yokohama, not Okinawa.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
boostedGS (Offline)
New to JF

05-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It appears Horitaka III lives in Yokohama, not Okinawa.
I'm going to Okinawa, Chiba and Yokohama, I have family there. But I'm just sayin I'm looking for artists in Okinawa also.

Pretty much, what I am trying to say is, does anyone know of any artists? So far, no one is of any help. You guys are so far just telling me what I CAN'T do; so pessimistic or just don't have the answers, but rather tell me something negative anyway, that doesn't help at all.

I guess I'll end my search here. Hopefully, I can some how get in contact with him. And If I do, hopefully, my cash that I show him will make him work on me ASAP, if hes able to at the time. Because I'm sure he has a waiting list. If anything, I just want something small, like an outline at least.

And not Horitaka, Horiyoshi III.