JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mulan (Offline)
New to JF

Genji Monogatari 源氏物語 - 10-15-2010, 07:19 AM

Hi,
i have a 2000-Yen-banknote (File:2000 Yen Murasaki Shikibu.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) - and that is really beautiful. It is perhaps the only one with a part of classical titterature on it.

according to wikipedia it is the Genji Monogatari (源氏物語 The Tale of Prince Genji). i have found some URL with online texts and images as well.

http://www.gotoh-museum.or.jp/collection/genji.html (obviousely the source of the image on the banknote, viz. Datei:Genji emaki 01003 001.jpg – Wikipedia)
Genji Monogatari
GENJI-MONOGATARI
Search Results - World Digital Library

... but, i cannot find the part of the text as shown on the bank note and under http://www.gotoh-museum.or.jp/collection/genji.html + Datei:Genji emaki 01003 001.jpg – Wikipedia.

Can anybody tell me which part of the tale is shown on the banknote. May be the given links are usefull for you. Or is there another source in the WWW?

Many thanks!

Mulan
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

10-15-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulan View Post

Can anybody tell me which part of the tale is shown on the banknote. May be the given links are usefull for you. Or is there another source in the WWW?
Quire # 38.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Mulan (Offline)
New to JF

11-17-2010, 10:27 AM

Dear Sashimister-san!

I have made the mistake to forget to mark a posting for message. Masaegu has critisized me for asking another question without saying thank you to you. He is right. And so I want to apologize for my mistake.
The only problem is, that I cannot find the # 38 you had give me as information. May be you can give me a link to #38. Thank you for your support.

I hope you accept my appologize. And I want to say, that it is a sad matter, that you leave JF.

Yours faithfully

Mulan