JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Favourite Japanese Camera Brand?
Canon 13 48.15%
Nikon 9 33.33%
Sony/Minolta 1 3.70%
Pentax 1 3.70%
Konica 0 0%
Yashica 0 0%
Mamiya 0 0%
Fujifilm 1 3.70%
Olympus 1 3.70%
Panasonic 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

11-18-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRossTso View Post
If Pentax died, I would have went with Nikon instead. Hehe, hope to see some photos from Japan ! The closest shots I have of Japan so far is the Narita airport haha!

Thanks for the insight about Canon... I know they are popular... but I didn't know too much about them.
There are photo opportunities all over Japan. I've been to countries where I didn't bother lifting the camera, while with Japan, I can't drop the camera. I took about 600 shots in 2006 even on a short business trip, then another 12000 shots in 2007 for a 2 weeks stay, 8000 in 2009 when I had my 3 weeks honeymoon there. It just won't run out of subjects/opportunities

Pentax are great, i still have 2 pentax bodies at home, film bodies thoguh. For digital, everything is Canon now. Its expensive to build up that lens collection, but i don't regret one minute switching to Canon. It was funny how I switch to Canon. I destroyed the K10, and was in the market looking for something better. At the time, it was either the 40D or the D300, but the store I went to sold out of the D300, so I went with the 40D. Been a Canon guy ever since...

Edit: November 18th 2010, 1:09PM EST :-

If you want to see some really nice shot of Japan, you can go to the following sites

風景壁紙.com 日本全国・海外の無料写真壁紙サイト
夜景壁紙.com

Last edited by godwine : 11-18-2010 at 06:09 PM.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-07-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
There are photo opportunities all over Japan. I've been to countries where I didn't bother lifting the camera, while with Japan, I can't drop the camera. I took about 600 shots in 2006 even on a short business trip, then another 12000 shots in 2007 for a 2 weeks stay, 8000 in 2009 when I had my 3 weeks honeymoon there. It just won't run out of subjects/opportunities

Pentax are great, i still have 2 pentax bodies at home, film bodies thoguh. For digital, everything is Canon now. Its expensive to build up that lens collection, but i don't regret one minute switching to Canon. It was funny how I switch to Canon. I destroyed the K10, and was in the market looking for something better. At the time, it was either the 40D or the D300, but the store I went to sold out of the D300, so I went with the 40D. Been a Canon guy ever since...

Edit: November 18th 2010, 1:09PM EST :-

If you want to see some really nice shot of Japan, you can go to the following sites

風景壁紙.com 日本全国・海外の無料写真壁紙サイト
夜景壁紙.com
Wow I'm really sorry! I've been away from JapanForums for a LONGGG time.

Thanks for sharing the info haha, makes me wanna switch now... but HOW DID YOU DESTROY a K10? I love my Pentax Film bodies. Currently on K-X. I really want the K-5 though.

Thanks for the links too ;D!

And yeah Batosai I heard Nikon had the best camera bodies, but not sure about Lenses (should be pretty up there as well).
(#23 (permalink))
Old
p47koji (Offline)
New to JF

06-20-2011, 05:46 PM

Canon all the way...

I've shot Canon since 1965 - starting with the Canon Demi-S, a half-frame 35mm. The best one I shot with was the venerable and indestructible Canon F-1 with motor drive and 250 shot film back. The only repair it ever needed was a mirror return spring - and that was after likely after taking nearly a million shots.

In the "old days", pros who shot mostly portraiture shot with Nikon as they were aperture priority (if you exclude the Weston hand meters which were great). Sports or action photographers mostly shot Canon as they were shutter priority - and rugged.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-20-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRossTso View Post
Wow I'm really sorry! I've been away from JapanForums for a LONGGG time.

Thanks for sharing the info haha, makes me wanna switch now... but HOW DID YOU DESTROY a K10? I love my Pentax Film bodies. Currently on K-X. I really want the K-5 though.

Thanks for the links too ;D!

And yeah Batosai I heard Nikon had the best camera bodies, but not sure about Lenses (should be pretty up there as well).
Easy, i dropped the thing

Nikon lenses are great, even the non-pro line still kick butt, unlike Canon and Sony, you really have to spend an arm and leg to get the pro lens.. but my issue with Nikon is the camera's UI, they make it too complex, and also, flaky software...