Last edited by tino7770 : 02-27-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: cos i can
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-26-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino7770 View Post
I would be grateful if any of the members could assist me in understanding items I have put on to Ebay today.Heres a link
Japanese paintings interesting history....gold????? on eBay (end time 05-Mar-11 14:49:11 GMT).
Can anyone tell me what the text in the pictures says.
I thank you for any information you can give me
Thanks
Tino
You actually gave a starting bid of £500 (which misteriously went up from 100 in past hour or so) to something that is really kitschy framed, badly photographed and you have no clue what it means? Brilliant.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tino7770 (Offline)
New to JF

02-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
You actually gave a starting bid of £500 (which misteriously went up from 100 in past hour or so) to something that is really kitschy framed, badly photographed and you have no clue what it means? Brilliant.
Because I was given some advice that similar individual pictures are up at over £500 each on a US site and that those pics are of a lesser quality.....I dont want to give them away.
I genuinely DO NOT know what they are.....I do know they are exceptionally well painted...I do know they were gifted to MT and that suggests they will be something pretty good.
I have offered to send better pics to email addresses...CANNOT be fairer than that and veiwing is welcomed............ BUT THANKS FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE.
I came here for help.....but if thats not going to happen so be it!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-26-2011, 07:12 PM

I did help. i told you to make sure what it is before you put it on auction because it hurts your credibility as a seller, and two, to make better pictures as one cannot see anything in that glass reflection. Finally I pointed at the price issue, as it is impossible you can say that others are selling similar things while you have got no clue what you have. And your welcome.
And one more thing, these are Chenese imo, not Japanese.

Fan Kuan is Chinese not Japanese.

What you have is cheap replicas in tacky frames. I would not pay 10$ for it. Was that more helpful?

Last edited by ryuurui : 02-26-2011 at 07:19 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
tino7770 (Offline)
New to JF

02-26-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I did help. i told you to make sure what it is before you put it on auction because it hurts your credibility as a seller, and two, to make better pictures as one cannot see anything in that glass reflection. Finally I pointed at the price issue, as it is impossible you can say that others are selling similar things while you have got no clue what you have. And your welcome.
Well I thank you for that so I will add it to my ad.
I dont think my credibility will be harmed in the least I am open and honest as my feedback shows...
Maybe I should send a couple of pics to the auction houses???
I was hoping that someone here could translate the text so I could add some relevant info

Thanks
T
(#6 (permalink))
Old
tino7770 (Offline)
New to JF

02-27-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:

Fan Kuan is Chinese not Japanese.

What you have is cheap replicas in tacky frames. I would not pay 10$ for it. Was that more helpful?
I cannot see the British PM being given TAT................maybe its your mind set
Bye
(#7 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-27-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino7770 View Post
I cannot see the British PM being given TAT................maybe its your mind set
Bye
Would you mind rewriting it in English so then I can retaliate with full passion and fury, please.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SuddenOsprey (Offline)
New to JF

02-27-2011, 09:43 AM

Not to jump in the middle of this fight, and I don't speak Chinese (only Japanese), but the text on the mat in your photo says that its a replica (複製) of a work in the 国立故宫博物院 (National Palace Museum in Taiwan). The printing (or painting) in gold appears to be a gimmick (none of these works would have been originally painted that way, and it states that its a "gold color replica" on your mat. Some sort of museum gift shop item, I'm guessing.

Its hard to see from your images, but I'm guessing one is a reproduction of "Early Spring" by Kuo Hsi, and one of the others "Wind in the Pines Among Myriad Valleys" by Li T'ang. You can find images of these on the National Palace Museum's website. I'd search around more, but the website is being wonky for me.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-27-2011, 09:48 AM

As I said. Worthless kitsch. Also, as I said , the first painting is of Fan Kuan.
The very same painting is in the museum that Sudden has piointed out.

國立故宮博物院 National Palace Museum

Decent replica of his painting mounted on a scroll goes for 2000$. The one you have are minarue pictures worth nothing.

Last edited by ryuurui : 02-27-2011 at 09:53 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
tino7770 (Offline)
New to JF

02-27-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenOsprey View Post
Not to jump in the middle of this fight, and I don't speak Chinese (only Japanese), but the text on the mat in your photo says that its a replica (複製) of a work in the 国立故宫博物院 (National Palace Museum in Taiwan). The printing (or painting) in gold appears to be a gimmick (none of these works would have been originally painted that way, and it states that its a "gold color replica" on your mat. Some sort of museum gift shop item, I'm guessing.

Its hard to see from your images, but I'm guessing one is a reproduction of "Early Spring" by Kuo Hsi, and one of the others "Wind in the Pines Among Myriad Valleys" by Li T'ang. You can find images of these on the National Palace Museum's website. I'd search around more, but the website is being wonky for me.
Thankyou for your helpful advice.
I have removed the item from sale.
I have other items from the same source and they are unquestionably the real deal,so I cant understand why this would be junk.
Once again thank you

Last edited by tino7770 : 02-27-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: cosican