JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Soliloquy (Offline)
New to JF

Question Chokin business card case? - 03-08-2011, 04:06 AM

Apologies if this is in the wrong section!

I was given a business card case from Japan about 15 years ago, but it was recently stolen and I'm hoping to find one just like it, as it was the nicest thing my father has ever gotten me. It was a metal case with a Chokin image of predominantly pink flowers. I believe there was also a light blue hummingbird, but I could be mistaken.

It came in a light blue pouch inside a small navy blue gift box. I still also have the tiny card that came with it, which read

CHOKIN is a traditional art of metal decorations. The primary Chokin art was seen on the decorations of samurai armors. Later it was adopted to make samurai sword guard and led to its accomplishment, with progress in metal work decorations, festival fittings furnitures etc. from old times period Japan.

If anyone could help me out with a brand name, or point me towards a site or store I could find such a business card holder, I'd very much appreciate it.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Can't help with this one, though I know just the sort you are referring to. I wouldn't mind having one either.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.