JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Art (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-art/)
-   -   Japanese Architecture (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-art/8504-japanese-architecture.html)

Ichigo2013 10-09-2007 10:26 AM

Japanese Architecture

Who likes that? I want to become a Japanese Architect so I am really interested in Japan's culture and traditions. One of their awesome traditions is a Tea House. Not many people have a Tea House anymore but they sure are killer. I am planning on moving to Japan and opening/working for a Architecture company and building my own dojo. A nice quiet place for me and maybe some friends to meditate.

Illusional 10-10-2007 06:24 AM

a dojo is simple, it's a room with padded mats. haha j/k.

yeah sadly tea houses are a dying culture. but one thing that makes them marvelous is also the peaceful scenery. another thing to consider if you're architect doesn't really fall though for you.

raverboy

Lien 10-10-2007 07:29 AM

I think Zen gardens are wonderfull :)

MMM 10-10-2007 07:57 AM

I think that is an awesome dream. You should probably look into getting an internship at an architecture firm in Japan, and they use the skills you learn into promoting Japanese architecture into spaces outside of Japan.

We have a place called the Japanese Gardens here in Portland, and there is a really authentic tea house on the grounds. It is very small and traditional and a real sight to see.

Shadowulf 10-10-2007 08:13 AM

yeah, we also have a japanese garden in sydney, but i havent been for a long long time, so im not sure what its like now

but i remember it used to have all the gravel art (not sure what theyre called)
and the structures over the water, including the ones you walk on
often saw peoples weddings taking place there, but im not sure if thats a japanese thing or not

anyway ichigo, wish you the best of luck in pursuing your dream as an architect =] im sure youll do really well and maybe you can design a house for me in the future! heheh =]

Ichigo2013 11-16-2007 10:48 PM

Thanks for the support. Actually I am in IB, one of the most prestigious small schools in high school. It's amazing. Hardest small school in the world but worth the most too. I am going to get the IB diploma and go to a collage, I forget the name, in Tokyo and become a Japanese Architect. It's amazing. I love the tea house design, how you must bow before entering. That is amazing. I love Japan. I am going to stay in Japan for a while then go some where else for a few years and spread Japan all over that place and go back to Japan. I love it so much. People tell me I am good at house designing anyway. I love Japan.:rheart: :rheart: :rheart:

Ichigo2013 11-16-2007 10:49 PM

Will do ShadoWulf! Will do.

light0yagami 01-13-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lien (Post 262891)
I think Zen gardens are wonderfull :)

i think so too :vsign:

Ichigo2013 01-13-2008 11:00 PM

:O I wish I knew what one looked like.

Camui 02-23-2008 09:31 PM

I have loved what Japanese architecture looks like for a long time now. I love the sloping of the roof, and the colors and detail they use in each building, especially with their shrines. A lot of their shrines look beautiful.