JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
silhouettesofamelody (Offline)
Heather Heart<3Sick

Fashion Help Please ( Tips or Ideas Loved) - 11-29-2007, 04:07 AM

I've been wanting to update my style for awhile now but I still have to work with my body shape and lose... coughsixtycough pounds(27 kilos.) suggestions on how to do this and get healthy would be wonderful too. I'm interested in Japanese fashion, and I know that there are some of you who don't like other nationalities wearing your fashion. I don't care that you dislike me for that purpose. I'm just looking for some help. ^ ^

What I basically wear to school is a pair of straight legged jeans, a band shirt, and a pair of converse or ballet flats. Sometimes I mix it up a bit and sometimes I don't it depens on how early I can get myself up. I also want to let my hair grow out so I can get it cut in a certain style I'm looking at it's just I can't seem to find a back view of the hair.

Here is a recent photograph of me... taken...yesterday afternoon.

Heavy Hearts
Heavy Heads
Every Now and Again
They Deserve Some
Rest.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-29-2007, 04:15 AM

You don't look anywhere near 60 pounds overweight.

When you say "people getting offended" I think that is more about traditional dress...certainly not popular fashion today.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-29-2007, 01:18 PM

she never said shes 60 lbs overweight, she said she just wanted to shed a few pounds

um well u need to give me more of a insight on how u wanna change cuz im jf's fashion junkie and i help both men and women with styles

i need to get some answers b4 u start

how much r u willing to spend on ur outfits?
what kind of a look r u trying to go for?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-29-2007, 03:56 PM

[quote=silhouettesofamelody;312624][center][size="1"]I've been wanting to update my style for awhile now but I still have to work with my body shape and lose... coughsixtycough pounds(27 kilos.) suggestions on how to do this and get healthy would be wonderful too. QUOTE]

Um maybe you ought to look further into the actual qualifying rates for "overweight" etc- you arent.
Lookit doze teeensie leggies!!!!!

Please do yourself a favor and dont fall into that self-destructive typical girl behavior of assuming yourself "fat" when you dont match the airbrushed twinks in magazines/tv. Photos lie, tv is crap- end of story. Your life will be a LOT easier if you dont buy in to what the media wants you to believe about yourself and your body in order to sell you products to "cure" your insecurities. Seriously.
But if you dont believe youre in this "im fat" category then Im writing that for nothing....

but you arent 60lbs overweight- you just arent. How tall are you???

What? Is your ideal weight 80lbs?!?! Ugh- unreasonable values set by cruel media vampires who dont give a fig about your health/emotions, and immature uneducated "celebrities" manufactured like manure from those same media groups.

If you consider that chipper cutie in the photo 60lbs overweight youre confused hun.
Not trying to be rude, but seriously!!!!!!!!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-29-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
... But by sounds of it you are planning on turning yourself into something not healthy which involves trying to conform to a ridiculos modern standard that most guys dont actually find hot anyway. Sex with a skinny girl is like, not comfortable. Dont do it...
"Bag of Antlers" I heard one of my male friends call it. LOL!!!

eew
(#6 (permalink))
Old
silhouettesofamelody (Offline)
Heather Heart<3Sick

11-29-2007, 09:51 PM

Thanks so much for your help so far. ^^

Awww Gloomth Thank you so very much - laughs- "Chipper cutie"

Weight and Body Information:

I could never end up being a little twig...'cause I would look very sick... and thats not to goood.
I weigh 190lbs (86 kilos.) in all my clothes plus a cotton jacket and a pair of ballet flats. I'm 5'6" (167.5 cm) acording to the charts I am overight and my ideal weight is around 138.5lbs and 140lbs (around 62 to 63 kilos.)

"The Look" Information:

Thank you very much Kaicui and Tenchu

The style that I'm going for is kind've of mixed style something that i don't mind alternated every day of the week.
Lolita/ Harajuku/Scene

"Scene"
I want to get my hair cut like her's ^ but I'm planning on dying my hair a lighter blond instead of going darker.

I also favor hair clips it's just I have to up my collection and make some... Ialso like pins (as in buttons) large one's small ones. I'm a big fan of Hello Kitty things, Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles, Spiderman, and Super Man, and Gloomy Bear. Studded belts. Frilly things and Knee highs... I've also been trying to find a pair of loose socks...

The Price:

It all depends on how much I want it... If it's I'll die if I don't have it and it's like 60 dollars plus for a shirt... I'd get it...

Other:

I've also started making cloathing the first theing that will debut at my homcoming on staurday will be my dress. An impire waisted, belled sleeved, black dress with a red herat in the center, white "rib bones" and white ribbon.
I just have to get the shirts and the paper that you can use with your printer to make other things. ^ ^

Heavy Hearts
Heavy Heads
Every Now and Again
They Deserve Some
Rest.

Last edited by silhouettesofamelody : 11-29-2007 at 09:53 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)

11-29-2007, 09:53 PM

well first off check out this site

www.zozo.jp

I like to buy my clothes from there sometimes but i see ur not really going for fashion, ur going for style. Fashion and Style r two totally different things

This is Fashion

This is Style

Well for starters, do u live in a big city where u can have easy access to different sorts of name brands like NYC for example or LA. For me as a guy, i like to shop at high end fashion stores like famous friends nyc (diet butcher slim skin), Bloomingdales on 59th, NYC for jeans such as citizens of humanity, sevens for all mankind, rock and republic, true religion, cheap monday(Good brand if ur looking for a visual kei style and they arent exactly "cheap"), APCs, etc...

Good Visual Kei brands that u will probably never find in the usa
-sex pot revenge (cheapest brand on the list i am giving u now(not exactly cheap either))
-H.Naoto
-Green Lizard
-Vivienne Westwood

Good Japanese brands that isnt Visual Kei that u can definetly find in the USA but they r highly fashionable and only for the exculsive
-Evisu
-Red Monkey Company
-Samurai Surfer
-Ksubi

Plus alot of japanese people also like to wear american brands like
-diesel
-J Brand
-True Religion
-Antik Denim
-Joe's Jeans

If You are looking for the Oshare Kei look
-Bathing Ape
-Billionaire Boys Club
-Ice Cream
-Training Camp
-Tokidoki
-kidrobot

Well thats all i can say for now cuz i g2g or else i wud've added more to ur answers but ill post more info about brands when i get home

Keep in Mind that the brands ive given u usually go no less than 80 usd for a shirt and no less than around 150+ for a pair of jeans except for tokidoki shirts which u can get for around 30 usd.

So basically unless ur willing to Go to Pac Sun or something to put together a visual kei outfit which i would never do because i still have my own personal dignity and respect. Then i suggest u try the site but be prepared to shelf out dollars in the hundreds if not thousands

Last edited by Kaicui : 11-29-2007 at 10:08 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-29-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaicui View Post
she never said shes 60 lbs overweight, she said she just wanted to shed a few pounds
That's exactly what she said:

"I still have to work with my body shape and lose... coughsixtycough pounds(27 kilos.)"

I still maintain that losing that much weight would be way too much.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)

11-29-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
That's exactly what she said:

"I still have to work with my body shape and lose... coughsixtycough pounds(27 kilos.)"

I still maintain that losing that much weight would be way too much.
lol yes unless shes doing it in a yr or 2..or else that is highly unhealthy
(#10 (permalink))
Old
jdmgc8 (Offline)
New to JF

11-29-2007, 10:17 PM

I see that nobody really answered your question. So i'll try and do my best. First of all losing weight is easy and hard. There are two kinds of people ones with awesome genes that basically have high metabolisms and can do less physical activity and still look great, then there are those (majority) that need to diet and excersise to lose weight, and the older we get the harder it is, because what people forget is that you want to hit your target heart rate during your excersise to get the best results, and the older we get its harder to hit that target heart rate. If you google target heart rate, there different sites that will ask you to plug in your weight and age, and it will give you an approx target heart rate. Okay you look young in your photo so i'll give a diet and workout plan that should help lose the first 10 pounds easy. But it won't be instant. This is a 6-8week program. I had a friend that was pregnant, and a year after delivery she tried this diet and excersise, she lost alot of the pregnancy fat. What she did was wake up every day by 7:30 had a bowl of fruit, juice, glass of water. By 10:30 she would snack on some celery with no dressing or 10-12 pieces of walnuts(good energy) at 12:30pm or 1pm she would have a half a sandwich and a cup of soup, low fat soup, and no cheese on the sandwich or dressing. At 3:30 or 4 she would then have some low fat yogurt. By 6:00 she was having dinner. Six ounces of chicken with steam vegs, and rice. At 8:00pm she was at the gym 20mins on the treadmil, then light full body workout, chest, arms, back,legs,shoulders,traps, abs. Then get back on the tread and do another 20mins get home and start process over again. Also its important to drink 1 gallon of water everyday. I've been drinking a gallon of water everyday for the last 2 months and have lost 3 pounds, by just drinking water and staying away from pizza, soda, and high salty foods. Also get a good night sleep. Also if you are a drinker or smoker, that puts on weight. If you can ride a bike or walk to were ever you need to be do it. At michigan state i walk every where on campus. You gotta stay strong and committed. get yourself a membership if you can afford one, if not, get a bike. Starving yourself is retarded, and taking weight loss pill can effect you liver and heart. So just eat right and workout. Girls have a harder time to lose weight because of your body structure. Focus on your legs and arms and abs. Most girls get saddle bag thighs and chicken drum stick arms, thats where the girls has more fat in her shoulders, so you arm looks like a drumstick. Stay away from beauty mags, they will make you depressed. And remember you are doing this to be healthy for your own sake, you must remember that you are doing this for u and not what other people think about u and your body. If you can mentally back yourself up, your body will follow. peace and good luck homey