JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
staypuft12 (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Gothic Lolita Bibles to be translated - 01-04-2008, 01:39 PM

Yeah!! Thats right, the mooks (as they're called because they're a hybrid of a book and a magazine) are to be translated in english by tokyopop in the U.S first volume comes out in feb 2008!!!

Last edited by staypuft12 : 01-04-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: grammer
(#2 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-04-2008, 08:00 PM

thats pretty exciting.

I still will probably keep buying the japanese versions though....
(#3 (permalink))
Old
staypuft12 (Offline)
New to JF

01-04-2008, 09:21 PM

Yes I will also, I started to collect the GLB and the Fruits, Fresh Fruits and Gothic & Lolita compilations over here in the UK (which if your interested in getting they where released by a company called Phaidon they have a web site)which had a brief synopsis of the photographer and the street fashion of the Japanese youth and also more recently the Tokyo Look Book which had a translated interview with Mana, he seemed quite a nice chap and is one of my favourite designers in Japan

Thats one of the reasons I want to read his interviews and band info, I understand from what I have read on the web vol 1 will consist of the first 4 volumes so will be like one massive tome!!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-05-2008, 01:20 AM

Is this pretty much just a "fashion book"? I know nothing of these, but I'm intrigued as well as interested. What else are included in these "mooks" or will be included? I apologize for coming across so newbish.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
staypuft12 (Offline)
New to JF

01-05-2008, 04:45 PM

Yes its a big fashion book/magazine I must say I only found about what mook ment when I searched about the translated GLB, it makes total sense I suppose it has interviews with the likes of Mana and other fashion designers as well as products for all the different clothing lines within the genre it also has interviews with artists and other people closely related to the scene Dada of Velvet Eden (who has now retired) modeled for a few issues and drag queen Vivienne Sato has also had interviews in a few issues also along with his artwork, not to mention promotion for most visaul kei bands, Blood is a recent one I can remember

So in a nut shell you get the lowdown on the scene I just got the recent edition today! But the other books I mentioned (Fruits, Toyko Look Book) also give an insight into the other fashion scenes going on in Japan

And its even more helpful that the newly translated versions are coming out this year so I can read about the scene!! If you look at the layout of the Japanese versions what I have explained at first is how I perceive it, although someone else could explain it better I suppose who has been interested the scene much longer than I have

Last edited by staypuft12 : 01-05-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: grammer
(#6 (permalink))
Old
phishn37 (Offline)
Time to fly ~ !

01-06-2008, 02:57 AM

I'm really exited about this ~ !

But I don't think they're going to be translating the actual Bibles, but doing an American version with American girls in it. But it's still going to be cool ~ !

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control!

My JapanForum Family!
Imotou : criminalpanda
Oniisan : IonFortuna
Oniisan: Tuhin
Otouto: MarkDuff
Oniisan: Hisuwashi
(#7 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
01-13-2008, 12:51 AM

I'd probabley buy a magazine in the english version just to check it out.
I've heard the photographs are pretty.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question