JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   American gothic lolitas (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/11550-american-gothic-lolitas.html)

boinky78 01-12-2008 09:39 AM

American gothic lolitas

I really want to get into this style
is anyone here American and gothic lolita?do u wear lolita on a regular bases?
how do ppl react to u?

kuronekoaus 01-12-2008 12:38 PM

I imagine, if any, there'd be a negative reaction. Goths and the like get abused, good luck with anybody trying to be different with gothic lolita.

Lasandra 01-16-2008 04:10 PM

i wanna be gothic lolita too. just dont know how 2 gt started and im shy.....

ladywind1984 01-16-2008 06:57 PM

sweet gothic lolita?

I want to be a sweet gothic lolita but I am too shy myself. I am going to buy my first outfit in Febuary or March, though. I am going to do this!:pinkbow:

gloomth 01-16-2008 09:00 PM

Im Canadian and Gothic Lolita is a gorgeous style. It wouldnt really work for me personally, I guess I just think Im too tall for it. I'm not really a "cute" type girl so it would look awkward on my frame.

I do like the EGA stuff and Aristocrat styles very much. Im even launching a couture brand of Aristocrat/Victorian clothing at the end of this month, Ill have to post the pics when we do the shoot next weekend.
:)

the website for it is here.

I wish more people wore EGL in north america on a day to day basis, its a really beautiful style when done well- it just doesnt suit me personally.

phishn37 01-16-2008 11:32 PM

I'm an American lolita ~ !

Some of my friends don't really understand the Lolita look and asthetic, but they don't bug me about it or anything. I think the Lolita look lets you be someone else, and I reccomend it to anyone! It does take time and money (and courage ~ !) to put together.

KeiichiSamurai 01-17-2008 01:33 AM

I'm already in it..

WEWTNESS :D

Laine 01-17-2008 01:42 AM

^ omfg I thought you just wrote 'WETNESS' o_O (my mind has been in the gutter lately)

Anyway, I don't. I'm personally against people wearing that style unless they're the right weight/frame for it.

Kiyuge 01-17-2008 01:50 AM

I have a few lolita dresses that I wear often but people look at me funny but I just ignore it and Im also kinda used to it... But if you are into the lolita style I would suggest something like such...

I doubt it would attract to many stares or whatnot...
But if you do want to look a little odd I would suggest something like this..

gloomth 01-17-2008 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiyuge (Post 359548)
I have a few lolita dresses that I wear often but people look at me funny but I just ignore it and Im also kinda used to it... But if you are into the lolita style I would suggest something like such...

I doubt it would attract to many stares or whatnot...

I really like the cardigan look. thats super cute,