JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to VisualKei Send a message via Yahoo to VisualKei
Visual Kei Makeup Tutorial - 02-02-2008, 08:49 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has a good tutorial for VK make-up? I have the general idea but, for example...

Is there a certain kind of foundation you'd reccomend for that Mana-style white face, or should I buy white face paint?
Any advice for the eye make-up?
Pretty much any other advice you can think of, or links to tutorials would be great 8D

OFFICIAL OWNER OF HIZAKI AND JASMINE YOU
(#2 (permalink))
Old
BancheexBeauty (Offline)
JF Regular

02-03-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualKei View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has a good tutorial for VK make-up? I have the general idea but, for example...

Is there a certain kind of foundation you'd reccomend for that Mana-style white face, or should I buy white face paint?
Any advice for the eye make-up?
Pretty much any other advice you can think of, or links to tutorials would be great 8D
If you want to make the pure white face, a lot of people think just to put it straight on, but it will just blend in with your complextion and not give an even coat.

First you need to apply baby powder before applying the white foundation so it won't get shiny and have a moist, heavy feeling when you have it on.

Also, I reccomend for a good white fountation would be from a clown kit. ^^

As for good VK tutorials, there is one good site, but unforutnatly she's asian, which doesn't help the "western face" I'm able to do it, but I need to buy more liquid eyeliner.I'll be on the lookout for more makeup tutorials for that ^^

-Sometimes you have to do the things you don't want to do, so you can do that things you want to.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-03-2008, 01:03 AM

xmirukux's post
Its pretty damn good.

jrock tutorial

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to VisualKei Send a message via Yahoo to VisualKei
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM

Thank you so much x3 Very good post, I think I could definately learn something about the eyes from that.

OFFICIAL OWNER OF HIZAKI AND JASMINE YOU
(#5 (permalink))
Old
hypekstatic (Offline)
The Zainichi

02-04-2008, 12:38 AM

YouTube - Tooru's Style Council
YouTube - Phantasmagoria Cure Japanese Rock collection dvd [Kisaki Mak
YouTube - Giru Style Council

"hey souljah boy, can i.... YAHH TRICK YAHHH!!!!!"
(#6 (permalink))
Old
petrifiedexuberance (Offline)
New to JF

02-04-2008, 01:49 AM

I re-create jrocker looks on a regular basis, so I thought I'd offer my method. Mineral foundation is a good way to get a soft-focus, pale complexion, I like this brand. Generally speaking you'll want to put on your regular foundation, or at least a foundation primer on first and then work on the shading with the minerals. I usually put on one thin layer of foundation, separate a 2-ply tissue and ouse one half to blot my face, then proceed with the minerals. The eyes are important of course, and the best way to get the intense range of shades used in jrock makeup is to use pigments. As far as methods for eye makeup go, I hate liquid liner so I've developed a method using pencil and powder to acheive the same look. First line the inner lid(upper and lower, right in the lash base) with a good water-proof pencil (prestige makes a good one). Don't worry about making a thick/artsy line at this point, just make sure you've got the inner rims lined. Now start on the eye shadow, first use a primer/liquid shadow, then use the pigments to color. Once you've got your eye shadow done, go back with a small angled brush(good quality, inexpensive brushes are easy to find at art supply stores) and press a dark powder/pigment into lashes, and start working with the bolder lines. This method may seem a bit involved, but the look will last all day, and you don't have to worry about streaking like you do with liquid liners. Lips are easy, all you need is a good nude liner, and whatever shade of lipstick you feel complements your look. Oh, the pigments can be used anywhere on your face generally, so you can creat the more elaborrate designs without breaking the bank.
That was incredibly long-winded, but I hope it helped.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
BancheexBeauty (Offline)
JF Regular

02-05-2008, 02:24 PM

Little Makeup Corner
It has two up, but it's detailed and has bigger step by step pics

-Sometimes you have to do the things you don't want to do, so you can do that things you want to.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-20-2008, 11:02 AM

This is mine ~

~ Misa's Jrock Makeup Tutorial ~