JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Hime Gyaru Pictures (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/13065-hime-gyaru-pictures.html)

Sanchome 03-05-2008 02:26 PM

Hime Gyaru Pictures

Lately, I have noticed more girls in Harajuku whose fashion style is a cross between Lolita and Japanese Gyaru. I was talking to someone about this and they told me that these girls are Hime Gyaru fashion style. I am not sure why there seem to be more of them recently in Harajuku - if this style is getting more popular or some other reason - but I thought it was interesting. Here are some pictures and video that I think are Hime Gyaru girls on the bridge:

Hime Gyaru style girl:

Another picture of the Hime Gyaru above:

Maybe a Hime Gyaru on the left?

Is the girl in this picture Lolita or Hime Gyaru style?

If these girls picture posted above aren't Hime Gyaru fashion, please let me know what style their clothing and makeup is!

And a video of Japanese Hime Gyaru girls from You Tube:

Those are not my pictures in the video posted above.

What are the main fashion clothing brands associated with Hime Gyaru? I want to make sure I understand the difference between the Japanese pretty (non-gothic) lolitas and the Hime Gyaru girls as some of them seem to be quite similar. Also, I guess the Hime Gyaru traits are extremely styled blonde or light colored hair, light clothing, bows, and a lot of makeup? So maybe the girl in the picture above who is wearing a pink mini-skirt is not Hime Gyaru, just Gyaru?

I will try to post more pictures of these style girls when I see them in Harajuku. :phgirl:

gloomth 03-05-2008 03:14 PM

eee its a little too 80s prom-dress in my north american eyes.
Waaaay too much hair. hehe.
Looks really cute on them, but definitely not something id be able to 'rock'.

Konata 03-06-2008 04:42 PM

Some of the most popular hime gyaru brands are to my knowledge Jesus Diamante and Liz Lisa, to state a few examples. I think it's pretty, but still has that rockish part of gyaru in it. That's why it's not lolita, but gyaru.

The girl in the last picture is probably a lolita, since she's wearing many popular lolita brands, and it looks like she's wearing a high-waisted skirt which is commonly associated with lolita. And the girl in the second-to-last picture is most definitely just a gyaru. Hime is just what it sounds like, 'princess'.

OLadyNoir 05-27-2008 03:56 PM

I think the gal in pic2 is dressing in Mars clothes.
MA

TalnSG 05-27-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloomth (Post 419194)
eee its a little too 80s prom-dress in my north american eyes.
Waaaay too much hair. hehe.
Looks really cute on them, but definitely not something id be able to 'rock'.

I was thinking maybe even earlier than the 80's .... more like 60's, but maybe its the hair doing it to me. And its a style I will never be able to carry off either. There are men who would look better in those petticoats and ruffles than I would.

kamikazee 06-06-2008 03:49 AM

lolita

some of those might be swet lolita and country lolita.
i think:confused:

hannahsheep 06-08-2008 07:29 PM

Waah, the hair is far too much for meee! They do look cute though. I love the parasol...

Soup045 06-16-2008 12:19 AM

I love the hair and the clothes! They're so cute, sweet and elegant! I'm really into Sweet Lolita and Hima Gyaru style (as well as Decora and Oshare Kei).

Emmiechan 04-07-2009 09:35 PM

the girl in the scond pic is gyaru
the one in the third is lolita
OMG hime is super cute!! i love to wear it!

MissMisa 04-07-2009 09:46 PM

First and Second picture is Hime Gyaru, and a lovely one at that!

3rd is just Gyaru. 4th is Lolita, from what I can see. [She is wearing a Baby the Stars Shine Bright top.]

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to clarify.