JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LolitaLover (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to LolitaLover
not scared about dressing EGA but worried - 03-13-2008, 03:15 AM

hey well 2 of my friends are lolita and when i go out with them they just ignore all comments that people give them mostly its abuse and laughing but they dont care but they have gotten it so much they just ignore every one including when people try complement them,

i guess it can get annoying so i understand why they do it,

well i was gonna start dressing EGA because i love the style but im just abit worried about what girls will think coz its abit feminine and im not exactly a manly man, eh just think most people will think i am gay ( nothing wrong with that) but i just think i wont meet a nice girl

i mean if u saw a guy wearing some clothing not girls but feminine and a tiny bit of makeup would u think he was gay? would u still talk to him or even think its cute?

i know these are all prob stupid questions but yeah im insecure also lol

Forum Family:
Most Beautiful girl in the world:Juno!
Little Brother (He likes to poke people!):Auran!
Sister That Stole My Teddy:Joanna!
Little Sister That Stole My Ice Cream:LuLu!
Juno's Evil Twin Sister:ItalianLeather!
The Crazy Maid:Kiyuga!

life's like a box of chocolates all the good shit is already taken
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-13-2008, 03:22 AM

I've realized that no matter what we do people are going to laugh and say things anyway if they don't understand something or see something that they are unaccustomed to seeing. Just wear what you want and do your thing and make sure you are ready for the consequences. If you commit to whatever is going to happen you will be fine. If you don't think you can handle the stares and comments then just dress up at conventions or somewhere away from the mainstream public eye. If I ever put on my Japanese traditional clothes at the university I'm sure someone would have something to say about it but I'd ready to deal with even if I had to physically or whatever.

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jene (Offline)
devil jene

Send a message via MSN to jene
bad - 03-13-2008, 03:23 AM

that is not anice thing to say

i have tried to find my soulmate
but i have lost hope
(#4 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-13-2008, 03:26 AM

fist of all, most of the people on this forum are not like your average person, and certainly not like your average australian person. there was a topic here of a guy wearing girls fashion and everyone who replied on this forum said it was great blah blah. take that to the real world and people will think the person has some issues. i don't care if people here disagree with me.

you wear feminine style clothing and makeup the only attention you will get from girls is laughter and they'll probably want to stay clear of you. your only hope is to find the incredibly small number of people out there who have this same interest as you, then the girl might find it sexy.

as an average aussie bloke, who doesn't like anime and manga and is not into most of this japanese pop culture i will tell you right now do not wear feminine clothes and do not wear lolita fashion etc if you intend to fit in and not scare off the ladies and other people in the public.

if you want to wear the fashion for yourself and don't care what anyone else thinks then power to you, i'm just saying don't expect much of a positive response from women unless they are fans of this also.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-13-2008, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jene View Post
that is not anice thing to say
who are you talking about?

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#6 (permalink))
Old
LolitaLover (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to LolitaLover
03-13-2008, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
fist of all, most of the people on this forum are not like your average person, and certainly not like your average australian person. there was a topic here of a guy wearing girls fashion and everyone who replied on this forum said it was great blah blah. take that to the real world and people will think the person has some issues. i don't care if people here disagree with me.

you wear feminine style clothing and makeup the only attention you will get from girls is laughter and they'll probably want to stay clear of you. your only hope is to find the incredibly small number of people out there who have this same interest as you, then the girl might find it sexy.

as an average aussie bloke, who doesn't like anime and manga and is not into most of this japanese pop culture i will tell you right now do not wear feminine clothes and do not wear lolita fashion etc if you intend to fit in and not scare off the ladies and other people in the public.

if you want to wear the fashion for yourself and don't care what anyone else thinks then power to you, i'm just saying don't expect much of a positive response from women unless they are fans of this also.
yeah true, thanks allot mate, but hey i am the kind of person who cares allot what other people think and i hate it, maybe this will just help me get over this.

Forum Family:
Most Beautiful girl in the world:Juno!
Little Brother (He likes to poke people!):Auran!
Sister That Stole My Teddy:Joanna!
Little Sister That Stole My Ice Cream:LuLu!
Juno's Evil Twin Sister:ItalianLeather!
The Crazy Maid:Kiyuga!

life's like a box of chocolates all the good shit is already taken
(#7 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-13-2008, 03:40 AM

I encourage you to express yourself the way you feel best, just be prepared for the consequences of it. We all have things that others won't accept, you need to stick by your interests and passions. don't let others dictate how you should act but at the same time don't expect others to conform with you. When you are a minority, the majority will find you strange. part of being comfortable with who you are is being comfortable with how other people think of you.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-13-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post

WOW i respect your straight forwardness and your reality check attitude !!

well done for giving good advice!!

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-13-2008, 01:26 PM

If you're worried about girls not noticing you, or any girls being interested in you because you look like you're gay then you're just going to have to be more proactive about getting to know girls.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
03-13-2008, 02:41 PM

Personally, I tend to go for androgonus pretty boys, but that's just me. I'm a little biased, as I do dress in Lolita a bit myself, however I liked androgonus guys waay before I ever got into it. I would be fine just walking up to you and chatting. If you are that worried about what people are going to say, I think you should take kunitokotachi's advice and save it for conventions. People are going to comment. You can't get around it. Some of it will be good but some of it will be bad and if you can't handle it, you really should rethink it. It's not too bad here for girls. The most we seem to get is being asked if we're going to a costume party and a wierd look when we say no. They do seem to give the guys a harder time of it, though.