(#11 (permalink))
Old
alinde (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to alinde
03-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANBUsadoku View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum ^_^ How do you do?

Well, I'm going to Hong Kong (homeplace <3) in the summer and *definately* getting hair cut, and dying it ^_^ I want to dye (front) half purple half black (black is natural colour. Asian yo!) and (back) a little purple. Like this XD
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9175/hairkg9.png
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1639/hairzrr5.png

The problem is...
Do anyone know of any artist with the hair I want? (not exactly the colour, I can just draw it) I want to gather as many refs as possiel and show the hairdresser ^_^ So far, I found Saga (alice nine)'s old hair T_T

ALSO, as I said, I want to get it dyed half purple ^_^ Since I have black hair, you have to bleach it first, THEN dye the purple, right?
But I'm really really afraid of very dry and damage hair... ^^;; (a phobia?! Haha) Is there any way of reducing the damage of the bleach? Because I heard that bleach can seriously damage your hair =_=
PLEASE HELP! 8D

I also wanna dye my hair something like that,but I'm blond and I'm gonna dye it darkbrown instead of purple (I want it purple,but my mum would kill me >_>)

(#12 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-23-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
@xYinniex
你好 ^^
Oh, do you think its too extreme? >_<
You dyed your hair but not bleach? What colour did you dye it? It showed up still on black hair? :O
My hair is quite normal actually XD It used to be very dry when I was smaller, but I got the permanent straight thing in HK about 4 years ago, and now its a normal type hair XD
Do you recommend Pantene on dyed hair? I heard if you suddenly change the shampoo you use, it will become strange D8

Oh, you mean the way it comes down my face? I have no problem with it for 2 years now XD

Thanks for the help!
i actually bleached my hair red and it faded orange. XDD
so i redyed it brown again because I needed to look clean and professional for my uni interview

well, with dyed hair, you need to use certain shampoos to keep it in good condition because it will last longer then. I stuck to using herbal essences for coloured hair because pantene, is sually too strong for my hair and gave my dandruff, YEUCH.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#13 (permalink))
Old
iDORK (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to iDORK Send a message via Yahoo to iDORK
03-25-2008, 09:32 AM

Hong kong this summer? ME TOO. Hk = awesome...
ANYWAYS you're hairs going to be fine... well it kind of depends on the person doing your hair. I bleached the whole top half of my head blonde and my hair is fine, since they only dyed it once when most people usually dye it twice on black hair to give it the intensity, so find someone professional.
Also you should really take good care of your hair if destroying it is what you're most afraid of, may I suggest hardcore conditioning and use the color guard one (shampoo too).
Also note that purple/green/blue fades about 3 weeks later, so it may not be the best color choice seeing that you usually have to go it for touch ups and you don't want to ruin your hair. *Hair stylist told me all of this and yes I've gotten almost every color you can think of*
BUT the advantage you have is that you have short hair, so if the color does suck or if you're hair is getting course you can just wait for it to grow out, cut if off and redye it again. =] So... Good luck. =]
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

03-25-2008, 09:41 AM

If I'm truthful, I've bleached my hair every colour of the rainbow, and now it is terribly dry and awful. If your only planning on bleaching it one time, it should be fine however use lots of conditioner to bring your hair back to it's natural condition.

I have stopped dying my hair for a while and letting it grow out, the last time it was pink at the front and it really killed my hair, luckily it is gone now and has been cut out, but honestly be really careful when doing something as extreme as this.

There are other ways to get colour in your hair without damaging it, hair extensions are widely available on the internet for streaks or bursts of colour, and these can be glued [with proper hair glue] or clipped in without damaging your hair at all.

If you are going to dye your hair a colour, I recommended 'Special Effects' hair dye, although it is hard to get hold of it lasts the longest I've ever had it, and if you can't get that then 'Stargazer' is a pretty decent choice too.

Hope it all works out! ~

Just to give you an idea :

These are hair extensions. They are glued in with hair glue, they last forever and do not damage your hair at all. The colour never fades or anything.

This is when my hair was dyed pink. It was in a pretty bad condition after that, but it lasted a good long time. That was 'Stargazer' magenta dye.

This is when the front of my hair was blue. It faded very quickly, I can't remember what dye it was >.< Some natural herbie type stuff. The condition of my hair was alright at this point.

Hair extensions again ^-^

And finally ~ the fringe is dyed green with the same brand of blue dye, and the rest is all hair extensions.

Last edited by MissMisa : 03-25-2008 at 09:51 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
03-28-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
If I'm truthful, I've bleached my hair every colour of the rainbow, and now it is terribly dry and awful. If your only planning on bleaching it one time, it should be fine however use lots of conditioner to bring your hair back to it's natural condition.

I have stopped dying my hair for a while and letting it grow out, the last time it was pink at the front and it really killed my hair, luckily it is gone now and has been cut out, but honestly be really careful when doing something as extreme as this.

There are other ways to get colour in your hair without damaging it, hair extensions are widely available on the internet for streaks or bursts of colour, and these can be glued [with proper hair glue] or clipped in without damaging your hair at all.

If you are going to dye your hair a colour, I recommended 'Special Effects' hair dye, although it is hard to get hold of it lasts the longest I've ever had it, and if you can't get that then 'Stargazer' is a pretty decent choice too.

Hope it all works out! ~

Just to give you an idea :

These are hair extensions. They are glued in with hair glue, they last forever and do not damage your hair at all. The colour never fades or anything.

This is when my hair was dyed pink. It was in a pretty bad condition after that, but it lasted a good long time. That was 'Stargazer' magenta dye.

This is when the front of my hair was blue. It faded very quickly, I can't remember what dye it was >.< Some natural herbie type stuff. The condition of my hair was alright at this point.

Hair extensions again ^-^

And finally ~ the fringe is dyed green with the same brand of blue dye, and the rest is all hair extensions.

you.......
are my idol......
<33
^_^
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-28-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post

you.......
are my idol......
<33
^_^
Thankyouuu ~ *hugs* ^-^
(#17 (permalink))
Old
HaipaKun (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to HaipaKun Send a message via MSN to HaipaKun
03-28-2008, 09:03 AM

I love your name MissMisa!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-28-2008, 09:06 AM

Thankyou ^-^ I love the Misa character from Death Note, shes awesome
(#19 (permalink))
Old
HaipaKun (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to HaipaKun Send a message via MSN to HaipaKun
03-28-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Thankyou ^-^ I love the Misa character from Death Note, shes awesome
HAI! I know! Many people I know don't like her.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-28-2008, 09:10 AM

Yeah I know, a lot of people think she's a bit annoying! But my dress style is quite a bit like hers and shes a fun character ^_^