JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
SpectralHarlequin (Offline)
New to JF

11-27-2008, 08:07 AM

There's a lot more I'd like to say on that subject, but I don't want to stray too far from the purpose of this thread.

Generally, I don't think I know myself as much as I'd like to. It's nice to know that someone actually replied. Thanks.

~ S.A.

Last edited by SpectralHarlequin : 11-27-2008 at 08:10 AM.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
11-27-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralHarlequin View Post
There's a lot more I'd like to say on that subject, but I don't want to stray too far from the purpose of this thread.

Generally, I don't think I know myself as much as I'd like to.

~ S.A.
You may know yourself better than you think...
And yes, you're right, let us not take too much of a detour from the topic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cross-dressing is a great way to express yourself. The most prominent message being that you are different and strive to be different in a way. It's also a nice self-exploration...and it's just fun to see how you'd look wearing this and that that guys and gals aren't "supposed" to wear.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#63 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

11-27-2008, 08:28 AM

Yeah. For some reason, when I was little, I hated playing dress-up. My neice (who is the same age as me), was always into fashion and looking nice. I was disgusted with her because I considered it egotistical, and it can be. Now I think of it as more of an art form.

Wearing different things like costumes or if you cross-dress might give a person more insight to their self. It is a medium of self-expression. I think one of the reasons I used to/still wear some men's clothing is because I felt/feel like women's clothing was/is oppressive. To me it's a symbol of what society expects of the female gender.

Edit: That's not to say that I'm feminist though. I don't want to be associated with the bold and radical stigma of their group. I just hate feeling controlled in any way.

Men's clothing makes me feel somewhat freer or even sophisticated. o.O

I like some women's clothing too. I prefer the classic look though, which most "pro-modern" people frown upon. For example, I like dresses with sleeves. On stupid mainstream fashion shows, everyone laughs at sleeves.

~ S.A.

Last edited by SpectralHarlequin : 11-27-2008 at 08:41 AM.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

11-27-2008, 08:35 AM

Yup, it's true that women's specific clothing is just another part of the societal prison. It's good to hear that you realized this flaw and avoided becoming a part of the monotony. Mixing things up really is the best way to dress.

Some might think that cross-dressing would deter one's self-confidence because of self-consciousness, but in fact it does not. Atleast, that's how I feel about it.

Member of the Metal Club
(#65 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

11-27-2008, 08:49 AM

You seem to be quite the intelligentsia. It's nice to speak with someone with such eloquence of language.

~ S.A.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

11-27-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralHarlequin View Post
You seem to be quite the intelligentsia. It's nice to speak with someone with such eloquence of language.

~ S.A.
Thank you! Philosophy and logic were always my strong points. I also enjoyed our little exchange, and I think you're quite the unique person and a lot more strong-willed than most. I like your general train of thought and reasoning too. It's always a pleasant experience meeting a like-minded individual such as yourself. Feel free to contact me outside JF if you like. I'd be more than happy to have a chat ¦3 No pressure of course ;]

I don't wanna kill the thread, but I've got little else to input on the topic right now.

Member of the Metal Club
(#67 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-27-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamachan View Post
this is me crossdressed
hahah, cute!

i'd so wanna be ur friend XD
(#68 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-27-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFallenAngel View Post
@ MissMisa: Ano i like girlyguys its cute XD
its just cute to see guys in skirt teehee!
it's ADORABLE when guys r girly

accept, there's this one guy who isn't-too-cute and i call him girly man but he's not a crossdresser, he just acts like a girl XDDDDDDD
(#69 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-27-2008, 03:51 PM

there hav been times where i walked onto the guys' side of the store, to be pulled away back to the girls side of the store XD most specifically because of jeans XD they were ripped i think, and i wanted them >.> but i apparently am not allowed to buy guy clothes XD

i can crossdress as a guy if i buy the right pants and a giant baggy shirt and a baseball cap if i wanted to XD my hair always makes me look like a guy with overgrown hair under a baseball cap! LOL
(#70 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
11-28-2008, 02:13 PM

For a few years I worked with X-dressers, transsexuals and drag queens. Though the three genres are very different in mind set, looks, and focus, they all shared one admirable quality. They knew themselves very well and had the courage to dress as they felt was best for them regardless of how others perceived them. They sometimes had to limit when or where, but they all found venues where they could appear on the outside as they felt inside.

Personally, I enjoy a man who can bend their appearance by blending feminine and masculine apparel, more than one that totally shifts between the two.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.