Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#271 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-17-2009, 08:56 PM

i lived with my sister-in-law for about a year now, and she never desired to have "white" skin. i believe japanese girls are a little obsessive when it comes to clear skin though. when she sees another female with incredibly clear or nice skin she would comment to me about it all the time, my girlfriend is the same way.
(#272 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-18-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Please don't say "Asia" like the continent is of one mind. There are Japanese sun-worshipers that are rich and privileged and try to get as dark as possible.
Sorry; "in the orient".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Race is more than just skin colour
Yes, it is "non-exisdtant".

Ronin4Hire = pro gymnast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
That's such a gross exaggeration of an already biased and uninformed perspective.

But I'm not going to get into that here.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one eh Tenchu and let the other discussion flow.
Agree to disagree? I'm pointing out a fact; the maoris and aboriginies have more "privalleges" in their respective countries than white people do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
It's only because we were on the topic of "saying white skin is more beautiful than black skin" that I was so strongly defending the black perspective.
Yes, but no one here actually agrees with that perspective; we're just talking about it. So you don't need to defend yourself from us, just relax and have a discussion.

Quote:
But how else can we stand up for ourselves? We have to talk about it.
I often resort to violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Japanese (especially the women) know the sun ages you quickly and is bad for you. This is why many look younger than they are. Not because they want to be white.
That is only too much sun. The sun is a rich source of energy; it is healthy to have some, and that will darken you just a tad.

This is no excuse for pulling out an umberella just to walk 20m from a shopping center to your car.

Quote:
Questions for everyone, because I actually want to know what people will say:

Why is my skin not good enough to be a partner? Does the color of my skin indicate to you in some way that I'm less of a person, and so will have a child of less value? Does the color of my skin suggest that my uterus doesn't work, and that I won't be able to carry a child? Why is white skin a better option for a partner? Does white skin somehow mean that the person is smarter, and so the child will be smarter? Is it just that no one really wants to have a child that will have to suffer in this racist world?

And to continue with the questions: why is brown skin ugly? Is it because it reminds you of monkeys, or dirt, or something else unattractive? Is it because that's what your parents told you? Is it because on TV, you only see white women and men like Paris Hilton and Brad Pitt? Is brown skin ugly because, even now in 2009, it somehow suggests to you that people have been slaving away all day out in sun, and so must be of a less status than you? Is brown skin ugly because it means that the person must be a criminal? Does brown skin scare you because people of brown color are actually called "black," and black suggests something dark and evil, whereas "white" has always represented purity, innocence, and good? Or is it just because you're racist?

I'm curious. Please, anyone - explain why you prefer a white skinned partner.
My wife is Thai, but her skin is black enough to be referred to as "negro". So honestly, I don't know why you're askin us this.

Quote:
Racism will always exists until we all mix to being one gray color (it's in progress already).
Yes, it's ironic! Hitler was right afterall...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#273 (permalink))
Old
kMal (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to kMal
06-18-2009, 07:38 AM

Many of the Japanese men and women doing that, will not have a shortage of vitamin D. That is because they eat relatively large amounts of fish. Altough, a bit of sunlight will not hurt the skin.

music reflects the soul of the man
(#274 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post

Yes, it is "non-exisdtant".

Ronin4Hire = pro gymnast.

Agree to disagree? I'm pointing out a fact; the maoris and aboriginies have more "privalleges" in their respective countries than white people do.
Race is non-existant scientifically speaking.

As a social construct it exists

Why it is so hard you to comprehend such a position.

Furthermore.. Maori and Aborigines don't have more privileges than white people. It's not a fact it's bullshit. I'm telling you right now but because I don't want to further the issue here that's all I'm prepared to say on the issue.

Now please shut the ***k up and let the thread continue.
(#275 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-18-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
OK first off, I'm not sure where in this thread personally attacked people another race for being an inadequate partner. And I will answer for myself when I say that no your skin tone does not make you any less of a human or mother. And to me personally it does not matter what skin tone you have to be my partner. But i still stand other statements made here, that just because you are not physically attracted to someone, this does not make you racist. And I fear that you are playing the victim here and in this world. Many people suffer racism, however you make it seem that you are the only one to have ever experienced racism, like its you against the world. And I know many people like that, from multiple races who will analyze everything to the death in order to pull out something "racist" and throw it back into the other persons face. And this to me is a problem, yes racism exists today. But it is not as one sided as it used to be. Like you said it is 2009, racism I feel, is felt by many people and many races. And I do not feel like it is as prevalent as it used to be. I have felt racism, and I have seen racism. Do I like it? no, not at all. But I do not feel the need to go looking around for it and calling out every hint of it I see. I thought the idea was to create unity by forgetting skin tone, race, culture. Or at least this is what I would prefer. But the thing I always notice with people in your mindset, that instead of blurring the line, you make it more noticeable and in your face. And in my opinion making it worse, because in the end you seem more racist (whether you are or not). By always calling out differences between you and the person you are conversing with. And to some of your other stuff. Like TV portraying white as the only good thing. Are you insane. It actually took me a second to think about this because I never really thought about it as a white or black competition, but I have to say that its ridiculous. There are just as many (in my opinion) wealthy successful African American actors and stars as there are white stars. And to think that there are not is to be ignorant.

And I'm not sure what your getting at about the fair skin being a sign of good and tan or darker skin a sign of bad. I'm pretty sure st. Thomas is the same as here, most people I know want to get tan. I don't know many people who want to stay pale ( I am one who wishes to get little sun). Why are tanning salons so popular if everyone is trying so hard to stay pale? I don't know how you can use this as an argument here in the US at least. I have never once heard someone compare tanning to becoming more African American or vice versa for people wanting to stay pale.

Sorry for this rant, I jumped around a lot mostly because I kept thinking of different things to say. And I do not intend to offend anyone, sorry if I did.

And lastly St. Thomas is an awesome place.
But the bolded part is not what you originally said. You said that it was not racist to not be attracted to black people.

I get the feeling that mercedesjin's defensiveness comes from others lack of ability to communicate in English properly.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 06-18-2009 at 12:51 PM.
(#276 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-18-2009, 12:59 PM

I like medium-sized bewbs... does that mean I'm a racist to all other girls who have different sizes. Oh noes.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#277 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-18-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
I like medium-sized bewbs... does that mean I'm a racist to all other girls who have different sizes. Oh noes.
You fail

Race is an identifier and something which trancends physical appearance. It has social implications.

Furthermore to be racist is to be exclusionary rather than to have a preference in this instance.

But I will say that if you discriminate according to breast size... it might not make you a racist... but it makes you extremely shallow.
(#278 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
If you said you liked medium sized breast on white women only, then you would be a shallow racist!

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#279 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-18-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
If you said you liked medium sized breast on white women only, then you would be a shallow racist!
Well done Einsten!
(#280 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Sign in airport:
Welcome to New Zealand. Home to famous movie locations, many sheep, and (at least in his mind) the world's smartest man (this is up to debate too).

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
Closed Thread