JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you like the Gyaru Fashion and other fashions like it?
I love it!!! I wear it all the time!! hehe (let me know why you love it in a post) 5 10.87%
Its Kl! but i dont rock it!! (expand in a post) 4 8.70%
Neither like or dislike it (expand on that in a post) 1 2.17%
It's not my thing! (let me know in a post why) 6 13.04%
I hate it!! (let me know in a post Why) 7 15.22%
I prefer another type of fashion like Gyaru. (let me know in a post) 0 0%
I like/wear another fashion (let me know in a post) 3 6.52%
I like certain aspects of the fashion (let me know in a post) 5 10.87%
Undecided (tell me more) 15 32.61%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
05-03-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Someone shouted something exactly the same to me the other day! [not kindergarten, it's nursery here, but anyways] They didn't like my socks >.<
Yeah, some people just can't hold it in and keep their opinions to their bloody selves. Some years ago, when I was around 14, I used to be all into the skater-punk scene and I never got teased though many grannies would give me a weird look and cross the street quickly to the other sidewalk xDDD but normally I wouldn't care.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-03-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yeah, some people just can't hold it in and keep their opinions to their bloody selves. Some years ago, when I was around 14, I used to be all into the skater-punk scene and I never got teased though many grannies would give me a weird look and cross the street quickly to the other sidewalk xDDD but normally I wouldn't care.
Yeah I don't care either which is prolly a good attitude to have

Though I try to be more weary as these people tend to be really hostile sometimes, for example like this story :

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Goth clothes 'prompted killing'

This was the verdict :

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Boys sentenced over Goth murder

My friend got assaulted at the weekend because some girls didn't like the way she dressed. People need to start doing something about this, I mean someone has just died from it. We reported the assault to the police, and they haven't even bothered to call us back, either. After this I thought people would be more on the ball about crimes like this >.<
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MariYa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-03-2008, 01:34 PM

The story about how a goth girl was beat up and killed because of her fashion is horrible. I mean why would somebody do such thing? SHe didnt do anything to them. Its because of idiots (people who beat her up) like that, people are afraid to have their own style and we (not me personally) set up stereotypes only prevent us from being more openminded and we act as clones.

Regarding gyaru, its ok, sometimes its fun to dress like that but everything should have some limit. Like lightly tanned skin is ok but not too dark to the point where you look like u put sunless tan in the dark. Also I dont really like bright colors, alittle toning down with that I think looks better. But if somebody dressed like that its cool, you should first get to know their personality and then if anything deside to be friends with them or not.

I try to run away, forget it all…
The years pass, but pain remains.
These memories are like a thorn
Embedded deep in my heart…
It’s draining me drop by drop.
I can’t stop thinking about the past
The pain is too great, to just let it pass..
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-03-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariYa View Post
The story about how a goth girl was beat up and killed because of her fashion is horrible. I mean why would somebody do such thing? SHe didnt do anything to them. Its because of idiots (people who beat her up) like that, people are afraid to have their own style and we (not me personally) set up stereotypes only prevent us from being more openminded and we act as clones.
Yeah, I agree. More needs to be done to raise tolerance of people's appearance. There are things for people who are gay and bisexual, things for people who are a different race - maybe there should be a campaign for people who are just different. Different from what a lot of closed-minded people expect them to be.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MariYa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-03-2008, 08:18 PM

I agree, there should be a campaign and instead of showing stereotypes on MTV and VH1; they should have that campaign shown on these channels (since alot of youth watches them)

I try to run away, forget it all…
The years pass, but pain remains.
These memories are like a thorn
Embedded deep in my heart…
It’s draining me drop by drop.
I can’t stop thinking about the past
The pain is too great, to just let it pass..
(#26 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
05-03-2008, 09:06 PM

I'm not to big on Gyaru. I like regular Harajuku and the dying of hair, but I hate fake tans. They bug the hell out of me.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-05-2008, 02:46 PM

Definitely not my thing. The dark tan is the hardest for me to appreciate because a fake tan of any shade always looks like you could scrape it off with a palette knife and I prefer the touch of skin to slime. Beyond that its just a matter of being over done and impractical. Platform footwear can be attractive, but when it impairs your ability to walk forget it.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

05-13-2008, 06:26 PM

Hmm, some of them are hot, but not the ones that go overboard, well, I haven't seen them all. My sis said they all look like Tila Tequila. Lol. But I have no problem with the way they dress. Though I've never actually seen one in real life.

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com