JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Half-Skirt (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/15651-half-skirt.html)

yuujirou 05-20-2008 01:47 AM

Half-Skirt

So, here are some photos of the prototype of a half-skirt that I had been pondering for the past while.

The thing is still a prototype, so there are still quite a few kinks to work out. So far, I've made my mind the change the lining from the dark blue polyester to a more lustrous black satin. The belt loop, I have a mind to either put it on the inside of the skirt, or to just attach the belt to the skirt directly. Also, the pleats inside the vent, I've plans to sew the pleats into the skirt, as opposed the way it's done now; the inside flap is just sewn straight onto, and the pleats are ironed in.

Also, I've been pondering of the shape of the skirt. It's kind of restricting to move in, so I am wondering if i should alter the shape of the skirt or should I just alter the way the vent has been done.

And a couple more notes~
*I intend to match the skirt with a pair of light blue jeans that have ribbons added to them. I do not currently have the jeans, since they're w/ a friend, and the new denim needs a little soaking in bleach. I'll post pictures when the jeans are finished.*

**Yes, I look an absolute horrid mess in these photos. Since 12pm on Sunday until 4am in the morning on Monday, me, my friend, and her sister have been working on the skirt/jeans, so.... yeah....forgive sloppy appearance**

Suggestions and opinions would be a lovely thing btw x]

*edit*

This is a sketch that I just did of what I am aiming for.

EveV 05-20-2008 01:52 AM

Needs some designs or something on it.
Just to plain x.x

ChibiOokami86 05-20-2008 01:52 AM

I think its pretty nice looking but would you call it a half-"skirt"? I'm not sure of fashions terms but when I think of skirt I think of something shorter... haha :D

BakaCrisis 05-20-2008 01:55 AM

Half shirt/Half dress

Skress?

yuujirou 05-20-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiOokami86 (Post 493269)
I think its pretty nice looking but would you call it a half-"skirt"? I'm not sure of fashions terms but when I think of skirt I think of something shorter... haha :D

...lol..fine
a half-dress sound better?
=.=

(i think not)

@evev - it's just a prototype xDD
and depending on how my jeans turn out....
>.<''' NO idea what i'm going to do...
might actually cut designs into the thing, like make horizontal frills or vertical pleats, or something along the lines of what yuna from FFX-2 wears in her gunner outfit, lolz
or i just might go rockish, and just hook some chains here and there xD
bleh, all depends really >.>

osanago 05-20-2008 01:57 AM

It is interesting. Is the waistband just an elastic sash, or did you attach the material over a belt?

yuujirou 05-20-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osanago (Post 493274)
It is interesting. Is the waistband just an elastic sash, or did you attach the material over a belt?

actually, they're just belt loops
and i just slipped my belt through it
i'm considering re-working that design though...
maybe just attach something of a nylon length to each end w/ a buckle connector or something of that sort (maybe like the way cloud has it in advent children) x.x

AshriiN5 05-20-2008 02:01 AM

You're very creative tehe. I like your idea. Very good :) . Keep it up (Huggles)

osanago 05-20-2008 02:01 AM

I like the concept quite a bit. I am only confused by the inner leg. Would there be a seam, or is it left open? I think both would make for very interesting options.

yuujirou 05-20-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osanago (Post 493279)
I like the concept quite a bit. I am only confused by the inner leg. Would there be a seam, or is it left open? I think both would make for very interesting options.

if your talking about the inside of the skirt~
it's lined w/ a polyester atm, but i'm going to use a satin black in the next one >.>'
and...the vent (that split in the center), it's a piece of the triangular fabric that's been sewn inbetween the cotton twill and the polyester.