JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-03-2008, 07:13 PM

I'm a guy, now I'm not into doing Loli myself. But I recently thought I wanted to try dressing in a old-fasioned way. Not like a pirate or anything but more like a gentlemen. Pocketwatches, vest, white button down shirt, brown pants. You get the picture . How could I do that?

I mean like instead of victorian lolita like victorian gentleman

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria

Last edited by Asakura : 06-03-2008 at 07:15 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
CaraHime (Offline)
New to JF

06-03-2008, 07:36 PM

^ There's Kodona or Ouji for that. Here is a place where you can get good information on that.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Catmint (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Catmint
06-04-2008, 12:56 AM

What a nice thread! I discovered an inexpensive casual lolita company at Anime Boston: The White Peacock. Being casual, it's not super elaborate, and the cherry skirt I have from that label is not of the highest craftsmanship, but it's great for those of us beginner-lolis who don't have the money to spend on, for example, Baby, the Stars Shine Bright.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-04-2008, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura View Post
I'm a guy, now I'm not into doing Loli myself. But I recently thought I wanted to try dressing in a old-fasioned way. Not like a pirate or anything but more like a gentlemen. Pocketwatches, vest, white button down shirt, brown pants. You get the picture . How could I do that?

I mean like instead of victorian lolita like victorian gentleman
The one piece you left out was an hat. Victorian men did not go out into the street bare headed by choice. You need either a classic bowler (derby) or top hat. Good ones are not cheap, but they last forever and feel better whe you wear them for any length of time. Though if you wanted to do more of a laborer's genre of victorian you could get by with a cap. A boater only works if you are wearing "yachting clothes" (white pants!) and they are not comfortable on the head at all. (Yes, I have all 4 of these styles in my closet. )

Here's one of many places who sell these. I recommend the brown bowler, unless you want to go more formal with the top hat.
Victorian Mens Hats
(#15 (permalink))
Old
kamikazee (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2008, 02:57 AM

im working on turning california lolita
(#16 (permalink))
Old
sage525 (Offline)
New to JF

Cool a little help - 06-10-2008, 05:17 AM

Hi I need a little help. I saw a 1950 dress that can be a Gothic lolita look with some alteration. What do you think. Can someone please share some input please. Thank you and sorry for bugging yeah.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Zetsumei (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2008, 05:27 AM

Got any pics of it?

I just learned about the Goth-Sweet Loli thing. I think me and my friend might try the Kodona. Any tips?