LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruko (Offline)
JF Regular

06-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
There is an interesting video on Japaensegeta.com of walking and standing in the Ippon ba. I am sure I could walk in them, but knowing my periodic gracefulness I would probably get so comfortable I would forget their limitations and walk to fast or take to long a stride and end up on the floor or with an ankle damaged (again).

I love my standard ones, but Amercians don't seem to care for the noise they make, so I am considering getting a few pair of komachi geta with the synthetic sole plates. I know they are designed for bette traction, but I am thinking they will muffle my steps a little bit.

Anyone know of a source for tabi socks that go up over the calf like knee-highs?
I do get quite a few weird glances myself! I get asked, "How do you walk in those!?" My answer is generally, "Quite easily!" I don't know where to procure the high ankle tabi. You could always go to Ichiroya.com and ask them if they might be able to find you a pair or two.

( oh hey. . . aren't you familiar? )
(#22 (permalink))
Old
rudolf (Offline)
New to JF

07-12-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruko View Post
I tell you, though, my dream Geta are Koma Geta, like the type the Oiran wear and do the figure 8 step. They're amazing! But I fear I will have to make my own pair, much to expensive! They're sold new for $1000+!
Hi everyone!

Just came across this forum and thought I'd drop a note.

I have been a fan of stilted and platformed wooden sandals for many, many years. Of course this includes geta, especially the higher types like bankara, ippon-ba and koma geta, but also other types of wooden sandals. Obtaining a pair is almost impossible here in The Netherlands. Therefore I started making my own platform wooden sandals. It is really not that hard at all! Not being restricted by any fashion rules I could make them as high and outrageous as I wanted. So far I have made about 7 wearable pairs. They are not the geta-kind, since I haven't found the right material to make the V-shaped straps. In stead, they have a single strap over the toes. The pair I mostly wear in my leasure time is 15 cm high over the whole length, black laquered with a thick cotton orange-coloured strap. Believe it or not but they are really quite comfortable. I can walk in them all day long (with bare feet or socks). I can even drive a car in them!

cheers
rudolf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3209.JPG (48.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3225.JPG (53.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3944.jpg (115.4 KB, 9 views)
(#23 (permalink))
Old
anyloarlorm (Offline)
New to JF

goedkope uggs - 02-20-2012, 02:28 AM

moncler jas
Vorig jaar, 12 jagers schonk dit door gemaakt door tijd aantal food crediteur , verwant aan het idee herten , zei Wilson. Tot nu toe deze unieke jaar zijn er acht jagers eten gedoneerd over 1000 pond meeste doorgaans geassocieerd met tussen voedsel. Een slagerij verschijnen in Goffstown schenkt haar dagen tijd als je wilt pakket up deze te voldoen.
,goedkope uggs in nederland
Hospice zorg zou verkrijgbaar door heeft bereikt die eindstadium van uw respectieve of misschien zelfs is nog steeds met eigen terminale ziekte. Hospice professionals en dus getrainde vrijwilligers zal u vragen wat belangrijk is en eenvoudig zodat het het ding je . Ze beginnen uw hoofd een enorme prioriteit.
moncler muts
Wertheim zegt dat hij uw vriendje kan worden met het feit dat Medicaid ambtenaren weigeren algemeen het ziekenhuis verblijf te beperken combinatie met met smal zijn reikwijdte. Aanwezig in te kunnen de federale ambtenaren van de gezondheidsdienst, Arizona ziekenhuizen gekoppeld aan te verwerven it het grenzen zou revalidatie faciliteiten verstrekt door at de lange termijn gezondheidsproblemen.
Moncler jassen,moncler polo,moncler online,moncler online shop
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Fashion50s (Offline)
New to JF

08-05-2015, 12:34 PM

OMG! Geta... it's wonderful.
But it is very difficult for me if wanna have this. You have done this...Great!!!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
stingyscoundreljapan (Offline)
New to JF

08-05-2015, 02:46 PM

where is the best place to buy a pair?

Australian living in Japan for over 10 years. I write about budget travel ideas and living cheap in Japan.

My Japan Articles On Hubpages
My Japan Travel Blog
My Google+ Profile
My Facebook Page
My Pinterest Page
Japan Daily Fun Facts
My Youtube Channel