JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   lolita comments (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/16212-lolita-comments.html)

WoD 06-10-2008 09:04 AM

I think Lolita's of any style are awesome!

When I save up some money I'm going to be buying Gothic and Punk Lolita clothing, and a bit of Visual Kei clothing too.

There arent any Lolita's or VK people around the area I am from, but thankfully when I go to Anime conventions theres people dressed in the clothing.

Even before I get my clothing I have gotten ridiculed by own mother, and other family members, over what I want. I am eighteen years old, where I am from I am considered an adult, so that means I can do pretty much anything I want and no one has a say in anything.

I am also a plus size girl...so if anyone knows any reasonably priced clothing sites could you tell me. I have a few and a lot of them are on ebay..

Obscene 06-10-2008 01:31 PM

I've been only wearing a lolita style for a bit, but I've not gotten anything too bad off it. Most the things I get is, "Why are you wearing that?", "I like your dress, looks expensive!", "Are you trying to be a doll?", and the infamous, "Wow, did you dress like that on purpose?"

I'm sure, though, that it does depend on the area you go to. Some people will have more courage to openly put you down, and some just won't care enough to say anything. Don't let it bug you though, because if you enjoy it; wear it. It doesn't matter what people think, anyways. They are just stupid most the times, anyhow. ^^

As for some good lolita sites, here is what I've been able to scavenge up;
Instead of listing many sites, I'll list the one that has a LOT.
Batgear Beyond - Your ultimate online gothic fashion resource, Gothic Clothing Cyber Clothing Fetish Clothes Shoes Boots and Corsets
:)
There are a BUNCH.

Anyways, hope that helped! :D

WoD 06-10-2008 02:24 PM

Your right Obscene, dont let anyone bug you on your choice.
I really dont care what anyone says about my fashion, appearance or interests.
If they dont like it they dont have to talk to you!
Besides..the people I hang around are Goths, Scene kids, Punks and the occasional Skin Head, and I really want to start the Vk, Lolita and other Japanese styles here =]
I already started a cell trend so I might as well start a fashion trend lol.
And awesome link! I am checking it out now lol.

Obscene 06-10-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoD (Post 510586)
Your right Obscene, dont let anyone bug you on your choice.
I really dont care what anyone says about my fashion, appearance or interests.
If they dont like it they dont have to talk to you!
Besides..the people I hang around are Goths, Scene kids, Punks and the occasional Skin Head, and I really want to start the Vk, Lolita and other Japanese styles here =]
I already started a cell trend so I might as well start a fashion trend lol.
And awesome link! I am checking it out now lol.

Yeah, if you let it bug you, then you lose yourself. Especially if you change yourself just because of what other people say. If we all did that, it'd get boring, and we'd all be the same. v.v
Good thing to say! They don't have to like it! If they don't, they don't have to talk to you. :D
Haha, starting that style can be hard though, because a lot of people are close-minded about foreign styles.
Cell trend? How so? XD
Yes! Do check it out! There are many many sites with a lot of different things. That's actually how I found my first loli dress~
It was totally accidental. XD

WoD 06-10-2008 03:04 PM

=]
I know its going to be hard to start the trend...but if I hang out with my usual people I will need to wear clothing with some kind of tartan in it lol.
My friend didnt seem to like the Loli style till I began to look at dresses with red tartan in it lol.
Yeah a cell trend...I got a Hiptop 2, some call them sidekicks or something, almost two years ago (will be two at Christmas xD)
Anyways...many people I used to hang with liked my cell and even used it to get on the internet and MSN lol.
And thats how it started...now everyone I see around my area most likely has one lmao.
With those sites I see a few I have already been too, lol.
Most of them dont give me the impression I will find my size..>.<

kamikazee 06-11-2008 08:35 PM

thanks

thanks so much for the replys.:pandahurray::rheart:
it was a big help.:vsign:

:pinkbow: :phgirl: :pinkbow:

TwistedWispersNeko 06-18-2008 05:32 AM

Well, I've gotten mixed comments.

Little girls (mainly around the age of 6) ask me where I got my clothes, and shoes, who did my hair, what kind of make up I use, and why do I dress up like a dolly. lol

Most adult comments I get:

"Why are you dressed like that?"

"Where did you get that? Thats cute."

"Strange, but nice."

"Are you just a loser or some thing?"

I mainly ignore the rude ones, so even though people have said mean things, I just shrug it off. I love to wear Loli and if its some thing you love to do, then do it then, as commented before by the other memebers.

xxJustMexx 10-14-2008 08:47 AM

Yeah, it doesn't matter what other people think about your style as long as you like it,.....then it's all good. As for me I'm trying to save up so I can buy me a loli dress, I mean I don't even like dresses but lolita's are f*cking awsome! I would wear one. I live in a small town and everyone here just gets jelous if someone looks good. Oh well, at least when I buy a lolita I'll be the only one here that has one ^_^ (I like to be different) I'm also into the emo style there are a few other kids here that wear that stuff

MorbidAngelAi 11-07-2008 09:45 AM

Well I am Guro lolita and I have gotten some comments as well, most of them bad.... but here they are:

Bad:
1. Why don't you take that costume off, I am sure you'd look pretty with normal clothes

2. (I am not sure if this one is good or bad... but made me laugh my ass off)
Classmate: Urm why are you having that bandage on your hand? Are you hurt?
Me: nope, not really *Big grin*
Classmate: Uh okay.... *Walks confused away*

3. You'd look much prettier with pink (prep) clothes

Good:
1. You look very cute

2. OMG you're hot

(I've gotten more than those, but I honestly don't remember them all right now)

ANegative 11-07-2008 01:09 PM

If I was to dress Punk Lolita (Just need money :P), I personally would not care what people say, because as long as I like it, and I am comfortable, it works.