JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
tiffa (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to tiffa Send a message via MSN to tiffa Send a message via Yahoo to tiffa Send a message via Skype™ to tiffa
Thumbs up Make-Up how-to's. - 06-14-2008, 07:32 PM

Post make-up tips and how-to's here.

Starting with this?

(#2 (permalink))
Old
SmMo (Offline)
@ Uni and lurking on JF

06-14-2008, 07:41 PM

wow... that really is something extra

btw is she trying to make the eyes look bigger?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tiffa (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to tiffa Send a message via MSN to tiffa Send a message via Yahoo to tiffa Send a message via Skype™ to tiffa
06-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Yes, I think so. Her eyes are pretty small to begin with, and so are mine. I've been trying to make my eyes look bigger for the longest time, and have failed. I don't care about all the diamonds, or fake eye brows. I just want to know how to do the make up, such as the eyeliner...and possibly the 'background' technique of making my eyes look bigger.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SmMo (Offline)
@ Uni and lurking on JF

06-14-2008, 09:08 PM

well asuming that you're asian, surgery is and option i spose.. its popular, but the purpose kinda defeats me ( look at ayumi hamasaki xD).

if you dont want to do that theres some products to enhance/widen/enlarge your iris, but that wasnt really what you were looking for was it :/?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
tiffa (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2008, 12:13 AM

I'm assuming that you were serious, and trying to be helpful. Therefore, I won't get offended about the sugery...because honestly, I think that totally DOES defeat the purpose and I'm totally against it. ha. ha.

I'm certain that there are products that can help me, but I'm specifically looking for make-up tips.

I did something of my own, with the thick make up, but sometimes...I'd rather wear little to NO make up and still get the same effect. SO, I'm hoping that there is someone here to help me out.

And no, I'm not Asian. ha ha.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
06-15-2008, 12:50 AM

Basically her eyemakeup consists of mascara and fake eyelashes. That's pretty much it. Also it seems she used some eyeliner on the wet upper lines in her eyes. Looks kinda simple to me. ^^v

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#7 (permalink))
Old
VisualLace (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2008, 02:40 AM

Wow, that's a lot of... eyeliner... lashes- whoa! The liner looks similar to what was in Misa's make-up tutorial, just maybe a little heavier. And the lashes you could probably find at a costume/party shop, Hot Topic, or just about anywhere near Halloween. On her lower eye make-up, she put the lashes (and maybe liner, but it's hard to tell) on lower than her natural lash line along the outer half, which makes her eyes look dramatically bigger (but looks a bit strange if you really look at it).

To make your eyes look a little bigger without so much make-up, you could line the rim of your lower eyelid with white liner, then apply mascara (black eyeliner optional). Rimmel white liner works nicely on me.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruko (Offline)
JF Regular

06-15-2008, 03:11 AM

It looks like she has also tried to make her lips bigger as well, the top of them look like they've been painted in.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
06-15-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffa View Post
Yes, I think so. Her eyes are pretty small to begin with, and so are mine. I've been trying to make my eyes look bigger for the longest time, and have failed. I don't care about all the diamonds, or fake eye brows. I just want to know how to do the make up, such as the eyeliner...and possibly the 'background' technique of making my eyes look bigger.
actually x]
i think the eyebrows play a large role in making your eyes seem bigger~
assuming you have relatively slanted and sleek eyes~
when you apply your eyeliner, you generally follow the contours of your eye right?
or...if not that~ you stray from that contour and apply further upwards inorder too make it seem larger right?

well x] if the former....naturally, following the contours of something will only amplify it's shape~
with the latter~ by straying from the contour, you create the effect of having larger eyes~ yes...but.....you can only reach up as high as your eyebrow.... o.O"
and even before that, the awkward shape will already look....well awkward xD

Thus~ my proposal is that by shaving your eyebrows, and redrawing them a little higher, you create a greater allowance space for the application of your makeup by allowing a different ratio between the length and the width of your eye~ >.>'

atleast...
that's my 2 cents =D

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
06-15-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualLace View Post
On her lower eye make-up, she put the lashes (and maybe liner, but it's hard to tell)
Yes, it could seem hard to tell. But if you really look at it, she didn't put eyeliner on the wet line 'inside' the eye, so to speak. Either she left it blank or put on some grey/white eyeliner to open it up more outwards. Yet it seems to be greyish. O_o'' White would have weirdened that look out a bit too much.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast