JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
nobdepot (Offline)
New to JF

06-21-2008, 07:17 AM

Oh and the results of styling my boyfriend's hair was unsuccessful. Though, backcombing/teasing sorta worked...but i can't seem to get the spikes and the tips right.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
06-21-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobdepot View Post
Oh and the results of styling my boyfriend's hair was unsuccessful. Though, backcombing/teasing sorta worked...but i can't seem to get the spikes and the tips right.
after each section you backcomb...
spray it w/ a bit of hairspray ( i like got2b)
then move on too the next section
after you've done everything you want~
finish the tips w/ a bit of wax (gatsby clay, i like =D)
then put a final coat of spray on it >.>''
try and see how that turns out x]

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
nobdepot (Offline)
New to JF

06-21-2008, 02:05 PM

Thinning Shears: Short Hair Styles for Men | ExpertVillage Videos

The "common thinning" that I get if I don't specify how I want my hair thinned.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
nobdepot (Offline)
New to JF

06-21-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
after each section you backcomb...
spray it w/ a bit of hairspray ( i like got2b)
then move on too the next section
after you've done everything you want~
finish the tips w/ a bit of wax (gatsby clay, i like =D)
then put a final coat of spray on it >.>''
try and see how that turns out x]
Thanks, I keep forgetting about the hairspray lol as I don't use it often. I hope this works. I'll let you know how it turns out.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
06-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I keep forgetting about the hairspray lol as I don't use it often. I hope this works. I'll let you know how it turns out.
best wishes in that case x]

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-21-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Also called "backcombing". You take a section of hair and comb back from the tips toward the scalp. It bulks the foundation of the section at the scalp for giving height. Also known to cause excessive breakage and to ruin hair texture if done frequently. Its why so many women in the 60's had split ends and really damaged hair - along with the far less safe chemicals used back then.
Yeah it is very bad for hair if done too much. If your hair is dyed, then don't bother attempting it at all. Dye tends to make your hair more dry and backcombing it just makes it break off completely.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
kawaiinekkomimi (Offline)
New to JF

06-22-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitachiintwin

I saw this topic and almost fell in love with it, I was searching for stuf like this and really need to change mhe hair badly :/
But I saw that the youtube thingy were for girls, and like the most thing were for girls, but aniways, I am gone try it to, but I got a Much bigger prob.
It's rll thick and I got very much curly hair, so It's rll hard for mhe to style, and to get all the curles away, Could you give me some styling tips or something like that?

Btw, I am a boy, so plz help mhe ;-;

you can get hair serums that are _supposed_ to straighten curly hair some work some don't the best way to straighten curly hair is to wash and blow dry your hair (yes it will get frizzy) then use straightening Irons slowly doing very small sections at a time it takes AGES so ask a friend to do it for you the time will pass quicker and when you are done style as you like. if you just want straight normal hair rum a smoothing balm through your hair to calm the frizz (you dont need a lot!)
(#28 (permalink))
Old
SuGrocks (Offline)
JF Regular

06-25-2008, 03:57 AM

if you want to learn how to do really awesome anime hair then check out this link. YouTube - asian mullet hairstyle 1
(#29 (permalink))
Old
01001100 (Offline)
New to JF

06-26-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuGrocks View Post
if you want to learn how to do really awesome anime hair then check out this link. YouTube - asian mullet hairstyle 1
Those Gatsby videos are just regular Asian hairstyles. Nothing too special, but I guess helpful for those that never really styled their hair before.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Cirth (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Cirth
06-26-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I'm new in the forums and whenever I would search Asian/Anime hairstyles on Google, I would always see this page and people saying how Asians have naturally thin hair and therefore they are able to style it in a very unique way - this incorrect and I would like to do some clarifications as well as styling steps.

First of all, Asians have thick hair, in fact, they have the thickest hair in the world (Japanese people having the thickest, followed by the Koreans and then the Chinese) - hair thickness 50% thicker than Caucasians and 30% thicker than Africans. Now, having extremely thick hair isn't really a good thing: it's hard to style, hard to dye and hard to manage. Trust me, it is no fun having thick hair. But, with thinning/texturing scissors and a special kind of hair thinning technique, Stylist/barbers goes through an arduous task of thinning every part of your hair striping away the layers of each hair strand resulting it to be very thin. Not all Asians are born with thick hair, some are born with thin hair as well, perhaps about 20% are born with it.

How to have Anime hair (Asians):

1) Get your hair thinned from either a barber/stylist who is familiar with hair thinning or you could always go to an Asian Salon to get it done. (I am going to post an image how it's supposed to be done) Also ask to get your hair layered.

2) Hair straightener in low heat and straighten each section of your hair. Since you no longer have thick hair, you don't have to adjust the heat temperature to the highest setting.

3) Styling wax in small amounts. Use Hairspray afterwards (optional).

WET HAIR -> HAIR STRAIGHTENER

STRAIGHTENED HAIR -> WAXING

BEFORE STYLING

ANOTHER STYLE (DEATH NOTE)

I am really not sure how to style Caucasian hair, but if you are familiar with Scene hair, then you should be able to find some tutorials on youtube.com. Here are some links:

YouTube - How to do scene hair with really DAMAGED hair
YouTube - How to: Messy scene hair [AHBN]
YouTube - Scene Hair

I know it's all girls, I can't seem to find how men style theirs.

I hope that works.

Pending: I'm going to attempt to style my boyfriends hair (he's Norwegian) to see if I am able to make it anywhere like mine.

Yes I am a gay. Yes I am Asian.
Yay...I am Norwegian too ^^ I know a couple of friends have TRIED finding hairdressers that can do 'anime' hair...but no luck so far...if u do...or can do it, I'll personally send them in you direction (HVIS du er i norge da) >_>