LinkBack Thread Tools
(#521 (permalink))
Old
XxLoveDiruxX (Offline)
not really on here much..

Location: in Kyo's pocket!! i love this pocket!!! so warm and little... <3~
Send a message via AIM to XxLoveDiruxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxLoveDiruxX
08-16-2008, 05:56 PM

oh yeah.... to say the least.... 2 movies you guys should watch *for the fashion, and the story...*
are:

~Kamikaze Girls
~Nana

*if you havnt seen them already... -.-'*

(#522 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLoveDiruxX View Post
lol, yeah.... thanx.... i took a PJ shirt that no one wore and made it from that fabric.... its sorta fuzzy too, and it's super soft!!!!! if you make a plushie Meijer's is a good place for stuffing.... i got a big bag of 12oz. of sutffing for like 2.50$..... it was a good deal, if you have a meijer's by you, i mean...
one: i've never EVER heard of that place
and...
two: the dollar sign ($) always comes before the money :P (e.g. $2.50)
sorry...i hav a tendancy to correct ppl D:
(#523 (permalink))
Old
XxLoveDiruxX (Offline)

08-17-2008, 05:47 AM

lol... whatever....

yeah, i hunt around for bargins on that kinda stuffs...

(#524 (permalink))
Old
crazyjrockluver (Offline)
munching away on pocky

08-17-2008, 12:04 PM

why do lolita dress cost so much at anime conventions.... i saw to i like and they were both $119..........

Earth of silence
Confused universe
Graced the beautiful name
(And I sing) buzz love song

(#525 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-17-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjrockluver View Post
why do lolita dress cost so much at anime conventions.... i saw to i like and they were both $119..........
I dont think there are many mass-produced lolita lines.
So aside from the large brands I imagine most Loli-makers are sewing the pieces by hand. Sewing takes time, and energy.
Hand sewn items are beautiful quality and usually one of a kind or limited edition. If you dont charge a "lot" for them then you dont make any money for all the time invested.
Youd be paying to have something other people dont.

If you want cheap poorly made crap try Hot topic.

Gloomth- Hand Made Gothic, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Vampire Clothing for Girls and Guys. Lots of <$50 one of a kind pieces.

Got a style you want? Email me, I might be able to make you something like it!
(#526 (permalink))
Old
XxLoveDiruxX (Offline)

08-17-2008, 04:29 PM

@gloomth- hey not ALL the stuffs at hot topic are crap..... i got my petticoat from there!!

@crazy- well, first, you have to look at the material they use.... it's pretty expensive now-a-days.... and then like gloomy said, there IS alot of work involved, and the people who make these things don't want to feel as if they got jipped....

(#527 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-17-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLoveDiruxX View Post
@gloomth- hey not ALL the stuffs at hot topic are crap..... i got my petticoat from there!!

Hot topic isnt BAD for having lower end stuff. Im not insulting just stating. Their products arent intended to last for aeons and no one buys them with that intention, I dont think. They are marketed towards a younger audience that switch styles and sizes rapidly, clothes dont need to last for 10 years when youre 14-17.
They have some neat stuff but it just isnt suitable for all age groups.

Gloomth- Hand Made Gothic, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Vampire Clothing for Girls and Guys. Lots of <$50 one of a kind pieces.

(#528 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-17-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post
Hot topic isnt BAD for having lower end stuff. Im not insulting just stating. Their products arent intended to last for aeons and no one buys them with that intention, I dont think. They are marketed towards a younger audience that switch styles and sizes rapidly, clothes dont need to last for 10 years when youre 14-17.
They have some neat stuff but it just isnt suitable for all age groups.
I don't want to be mean about hot topic, I mean for the prices it's pretty reasonable, but I just find it.. I don't know. Cheapo corny 'mall goth?' I mean, to be honest, you get what you pay for. True that when your that age, you don't need it to last longer, especially since you are constantly growing and so on, but many of the items aren't as well made as they should be. To be honest I'd rather pay a little bit extra, but I guess it all depends. You could work some hot topic stuff when combined with better stuff.

So yeah just my opinion there. I have a Lolita dress made by GLP Club which is practically unheard of but it's very well made, available to me in the UK and much much cheaper than Baby, Stars Shine Bright or Metamorphose, yet it does resemble their dresses and in my opinion you wouldn't know unless I said.
(#529 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-17-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I don't want to be mean about hot topic, I mean for the prices it's pretty reasonable, but I just find it.. I don't know. Cheapo corny 'mall goth?' I mean, to be honest, you get what you pay for. True that when your that age, you don't need it to last longer, especially since you are constantly growing and so on, but many of the items aren't as well made as they should be. To be honest I'd rather pay a little bit extra, but I guess it all depends. You could work some hot topic stuff when combined with better stuff.

So yeah just my opinion there. I have a Lolita dress made by GLP Club which is practically unheard of but it's very well made, available to me in the UK and much much cheaper than Baby, Stars Shine Bright or Metamorphose, yet it does resemble their dresses and in my opinion you wouldn't know unless I said.
It is cheap- but the product is also cheap.

Thats very true about a LOT of clothing though, you absolutely get what you pay for. High quality, well made clothing costs money. Cheap fabrics and poor build quality is abundant and well- LOOKS CHEAP.

You can always pick out the person in the high end suit in the line. Well made, tailored items just look better, fit better etc.

If theres anything Ive learned in all my years being addicted to clothes its that! INVEST in apparel and it will last and be beautiful.

Buy disposeable clothes and you will look disposeable.

(#530 (permalink))
Old
crazyjrockluver (Offline)
munching away on pocky

08-17-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post
I dont think there are many mass-produced lolita lines.
So aside from the large brands I imagine most Loli-makers are sewing the pieces by hand. Sewing takes time, and energy.
Hand sewn items are beautiful quality and usually one of a kind or limited edition. If you dont charge a "lot" for them then you dont make any money for all the time invested.
Youd be paying to have something other people dont.

If you want cheap poorly made crap try Hot topic.

well hottopic isn't cheap either, but i get what you mean

Earth of silence
Confused universe
Graced the beautiful name
(And I sing) buzz love song