JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
WoD (Offline)
Rocking Her Life Away~

Send a message via Yahoo to WoD
Make-Up Tip's, Help Or Something Like It! - 07-28-2008, 12:40 PM

Okay. So I'm into a mix Visual Kei and Gothic Lolita, though I dont have any proper Loli dresses or anything. My Visual Kei clothing is alright but the reason why I created this thread was to get help with my make-up. Yes I have been experimenting and all that, but with my eyes being the way they are its hard to work from tutorials that have been put in threads. I love them all but its still hard.

I find it hard to judge the make-up on my face and I dont like anyone putting make-up on me, my face gets all twitching and that, lol. But I find my eyes are the main problem...

If anyone could give me any tips, help, idea's or something like it I would be real great full! It can be really out there or just simple, everything helps ^^ And if you help me out I will love you for ever!! =D Also, any make-up products that you think I should get would help to, be it brands, colors, etc.

I attached a photo, one of the best and recent ones I have, it shows my face normally with - I think - just eyeliner. Its best one I have that shows my face with out a stupid face, weird eyes or anything really ^^"

Thanks <3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3307.jpg (52.2 KB, 128 views)

My Hearts A Ticking Time Bomb.
Your Words Do Nothin To Save Me From That Bomb.
And When Its Gone Off Only You Will Feel Hurt And Pain,
'Cause I Will Rip Out That Heart You Hold Dear.

[MySpace][FanFic.Net][Freedom Of Speech][Lunaescence Archives][LiveJournal]
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tarcamiel (Offline)
New to JF

08-06-2008, 09:22 PM

Don't worry. I'm like you, too. I'm very twitchy with make-up, especially my eyes. You just have to keep practicing to get yourself to hold still enough to apply eyeliner/eyeshadow/mascara/etc.

From tutorials that I've read and used as guidelines, visual kei focuses mainly on the eyes. Pick your eyeshadow first. Apply that in whatever fashion that pleases you. Next, apply a thick layer/line of eyeliner to the top lid. For the bottom, start from the outside corner and go to the middle. This line won't be as thick. Add mascara thickly on the top lid and the outside corner of the bottom (or not at all on the bottom). Add any glitter or glue-on jewels as you see fit (maybe you won't want them...like me. I hate the feeling).

Oh, jeez. Before all of that, make sure your face is washed and clean. If you want, you can add foundation too, before starting. Best to use one that is a shade or two lighter than your normal skin tone (unless you are freakishly pale).

That's the best I can give you. I'll post some pictures of my exploits when I take them. Best of luck! We'll be learning together!

I'm new to Jrock, but I hope to learn more. Don't diss me because I'm ignorant.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-06-2008, 09:29 PM

I made a tutorial for this kind of thing, maybe you'd find it useful, don't know if you've seen it or not but take a look if you haven't it might help you ^_^

~ Misa's Jrock Makeup Tutorial ~
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Vivcore (Offline)
New to JF

08-07-2008, 07:56 PM

Hey There

As for brandnames, for your eyes, loves, I would check out MAC and Urban Decay eye products. I'm not gonna lie, they will cost you some money, but THEY are worth it. I am a makeup freak, and very picky with what goes on my face/skin, and these products have done me good each time I wear them, and make quite the statement.Their colors are vibrant and luminous, and they have many different selections in makeup - from the basics, to the wild necessities that we all need to get by

Also, they both mass produce other makeup products, such as eyeliners, blushes, and etc. But, if you go to those two companies, I assure you that you will be looking Visual Kei with your makeup style and color in no time

Good Luck!

Last edited by Vivcore : 08-07-2008 at 07:58 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

08-09-2008, 07:14 AM

Well, since this is a makeup help thread, I thought I would ask for some help as well. I have only worn makeup once in my life and it was required for something at school, so I am very makeup stooopid.

I want my face (color and such wise) to look like the picture I have attached below without surgery and stuff, just what I can do with makeup, since I realize he is Japanese and I am American. I want to know what makeup he is wearing and how to apply it on my face. Will someone please help me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hari Versailles-TeruGuitaracco2.jpg (91.9 KB, 79 views)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-09-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivcore View Post
Hey There

As for brandnames, for your eyes, loves, I would check out MAC and Urban Decay eye products. I'm not gonna lie, they will cost you some money, but THEY are worth it. I am a makeup freak, and very picky with what goes on my face/skin, and these products have done me good each time I wear them, and make quite the statement.Their colors are vibrant and luminous, and they have many different selections in makeup - from the basics, to the wild necessities that we all need to get by

Also, they both mass produce other makeup products, such as eyeliners, blushes, and etc. But, if you go to those two companies, I assure you that you will be looking Visual Kei with your makeup style and color in no time

Good Luck!
yesh....
M.A.C FTW x]

haha <33
i wub them <3
=D

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-09-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshimiTheEthereal View Post
Well, since this is a makeup help thread, I thought I would ask for some help as well. I have only worn makeup once in my life and it was required for something at school, so I am very makeup stooopid.

I want my face (color and such wise) to look like the picture I have attached below without surgery and stuff, just what I can do with makeup, since I realize he is Japanese and I am American. I want to know what makeup he is wearing and how to apply it on my face. Will someone please help me?
through a quick look....
1. shave your eye brows
2. eye liner near your eye...
3. eye shadow surrounding the eye liner...
4. contacts..
5. draw in your eyebrows
6. some light shade foundation (Studio Tech NC25 from M.A.C?)
7. false eye lashes
8. skill + luck + perseverance

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-09-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshimiTheEthereal View Post

Maybe this will help you a lot:

And for anyone else who wants the Jrock look, Style Council videos are amaaazing.

Oh and my makeup tutorial which I've already posted further up, it gives step by step instruction on how to do something like that.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
usako1991 (Offline)
I like CANDY

Send a message via MSN to usako1991
08-09-2008, 11:40 PM

wow those are some awesome tips^^

Last edited by usako1991 : 08-09-2008 at 11:44 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
usako1991 (Offline)
I like CANDY

Send a message via MSN to usako1991
08-09-2008, 11:43 PM

oh i am pretty twitchy... strangely only my left eye tho^^ LOLS, well what i do is i pull the side of my left eye and apply the eyeliner.... then i see how big i draw the line and i do the same on my right... oh and easy tip, don't apply makeup in the car it can get ugly... seriously^^