JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   nail art (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/18408-nail-art.html)

kaelazors 08-20-2008 09:02 AM

japanese nail art

opinions? pics? whatevs ;]

anyone know where to buy the pre-decorated nails online or anywhere in the states, particularly socal. and what's the typical price?

NightChilde25 08-20-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelazors (Post 566038)
opinions? pics? whatevs ;]

anyone know where to buy the pre-decorated nails online or anywhere in the states, particularly socal. and what's the typical price?

Wal-Mart or any grocery store or pharmacy. Any beauty store should have them. Sally's especially has a large choice of them. They're $5 or so.

kaelazors 08-20-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightChilde25 (Post 566188)
Wal-Mart or any grocery store or pharmacy. Any beauty store should have them. Sally's especially has a large choice of them. They're $5 or so.

naww i'm talking about the all out kinda that's 3d and stuff lol like these:
http://www.topmanicuredesign.com/ima...lage/img_b.jpg
http://www.oneinchpunch.net/wordpres...nail-art10.jpg

i've only remember one store i saw them in la and there they ranged 40-80 bucks. just wonderin if anyone knows other places to get them at

NightChilde25 08-20-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelazors (Post 566193)
naww i'm talking about the all out kinda that's 3d and stuff lol like these:
http://www.topmanicuredesign.com/ima...lage/img_b.jpg
http://www.oneinchpunch.net/wordpres...nail-art10.jpg

i've only remember one store i saw them in la and there they ranged 40-80 bucks. just wonderin if anyone knows other places to get them at

Um...I know they have them at Sally's Beauty Supply. Can't say I remember how much those kind were. I thought they all ran about the same but I could be wrong.

gloomth 08-20-2008 07:22 PM

You could buy pre-painted fake nails and then glam them up yourself. :)

Carefully hot glue on tiny charms and stickers, or pierce them and put little metal rings through the tips. Wouldnt be that hard to do when theyre not on your hands. :)

Weird fact:
I cant even look at fake nails they make my skin crawl. EEW!!!

watermelonsmiles 08-20-2008 07:26 PM

go to a salon i guess haha

gloomth 08-20-2008 07:34 PM

Here are some references for you :)

soompi forums > Nail Thread
I found a whole forum on those neat Japanese-style nails. :)

If you just want to buy a set try Ebay.
You can use nail prints or stickers on your actual nails (though gluing stuff to your actual nails isnt very good for them) or you can buy pre-decorated fake nails to affix to your natural nails.

Digital nailart printer, nailprinter, nailpainter
TUTORIAL on creatively painting your nails. :) I didnt read it so Im not much help but it LOOKS helpful (ok im lazy)

I definitely suggest making your own and if i wasnt so damn squeamish about fake nails Id definitely make a set + tutorial. :)

Here are some pics of Japanese style nails i found, some are ADORABLE!

kaelazors 08-20-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloomth (Post 566290)

You can use nail prints or stickers on your actual nails (though gluing stuff to your actual nails isnt very good for them) or you can buy pre-decorated fake nails to affix to your natural nails.

TUTORIAL on creatively painting your nails. :) I didnt read it so Im not much help but it LOOKS helpful (ok im lazy)

I definitely suggest making your own and if i wasnt so damn squeamish about fake nails Id definitely make a set + tutorial. :)

thanks so much! i'm def down to make my own but i'm really clumsy esp with small items -_- lol

watermelonsmiles 08-20-2008 07:42 PM

wow thouse are amazing.how do people do that!

gloomth 08-20-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermelonsmiles (Post 566300)

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermelonsmiles (Post 566300)

Looks like you just buy a set of pre painted plastic or acrylic fake nails, that you could get at any drug store.

Then paint your own designs onto the nail using nail paint, heck you could even use regular acrylic or craft paint.

Use small amounts of hot glue from a glue gun or one of those tiny bottles of super adhesive to affix craft jewels, cameos, little light weight things like tiny rose beads and such. :)

Some of those shown have fancy fabrics or large jewels attached but its really the same principle. :)

sillygodxdisco 08-21-2008 03:14 AM

seventeen japan magazine showed how to draw those .. but i don't like those nails, i can't do anything with them on .. and i'd always be worrying about whether or not it or part of it's gonna fall off

watermelonsmiles 08-21-2008 05:37 PM

*gasp* they have a seventeen in japan

sillygodxdisco 08-22-2008 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermelonsmiles (Post 566801)
*gasp* they have a seventeen in japan

yeah. seventeen magazine is international. there's a south african, indian, indonesian, filipino, malaysian, and hispanic one too. and probably others that i don't know of. yeah i was surprised when i first found out too, lmao.

watermelonsmiles 08-22-2008 03:50 AM

wow do they have the same covers and articles?

EveV 08-22-2008 03:55 AM

Decorating you're own nails isn't hard at all.
You just need tiny brushes and a steady hand.

Like you can make flowers just by lightly dabbing the brushes against your nail in a slanted direction.
Or tiny little different colored dots by just barely dabbing the tip of the brush to your nail.

Tyrien 08-22-2008 04:11 AM

I almost put nailpolish on the other day, for... boredom.

However, if I had the polish and a small enough brush laying around given enough time I probably would put little designs on my nails. It'd only look good on the left hand though, since my left hand can't draw/paint for shit.

sillygodxdisco 08-22-2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermelonsmiles (Post 567160)
wow do they have the same covers and articles?

the cover layout is the same, so i'm guessing the overall layout is also similar. but obviously the language is different and the models are different so i'm pretty sure the articles are different too.

speaking of nails, can anyone give me tips on how to paint the sides of my nails without getting the nail polish on my fingers? because everytime i try to get the sides it goes onto my finger and it's annoying to try to take it off. and if it doesn't go onto my finger then i get like blank strips on the sides. yeah. o_O

kaelazors 08-23-2008 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 6991

finally got some!! ^^

Aoiru 08-31-2008 05:01 PM

Freshly done nails!! XD

MissHoneyBeeee 08-31-2008 06:03 PM

gawd, those r SOOO pretty! :D tho i'd probably just look at them instead of wear them xD (hence (SP?) the reason why i hav nail stickers for halloween which were never used, cuz they were so pretty xD and i've had them for about 2-3 years)

if u want designs, u can also use a toothpick :D i hav a few books that r like "U will need nail polish, glue, toothpicks, and whatever accessories u wanna put on ur nails to do this" dur blah dur blah dur blah! i havn't looked at it for a while tho xD

CarleyGee 08-31-2008 06:06 PM

I love the paint and designs!
But knowing me I would immediately start bumping into walls and ruining them.

I love these, and I would be fine with.

Oh yeah, and I'm not really sure if these are japanese, probably not.

This one is though :

kaelazors 08-31-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoiru (Post 573439)

Freshly done nails!! XD

those look AMAZING!! i absolutely love them XD

MidNightHana 08-31-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloomth (Post 566290)

I love the purple & black nails on that poicture. My favorite colors

MidNightHana 08-31-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelazors (Post 573471)
those look AMAZING!! i absolutely love them XD

Me too, I love them, their really cute :p :rheart:

Aoiru 09-01-2008 11:48 PM

Thankyou everybody! I'm happy you liked the nails!
It just need 1-2h time to make and many cute jewellery and paint.
Then just put glue and put them to nail. After, you should put a finish nail glue, wich will keep the jewellery and other on nail for sure!
It's fun even if it takes a lot of time! especially when being bored~ haha XD

But if you have money, you can go and have nails made cute in many places. But I like to make them myself, because making own nail is a special thing. It feel great, when makes cute nails and get compliment about it. :p

kaelazors 09-02-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoiru (Post 574251)
Thankyou everybody! I'm happy you liked the nails!
It just need 1-2h time to make and many cute jewellery and paint.
Then just put glue and put them to nail. After, you should put a finish nail glue, wich will keep the jewellery and other on nail for sure!
It's fun even if it takes a lot of time! especially when being bored~ haha XD

But if you have money, you can go and have nails made cute in many places. But I like to make them myself, because making own nail is a special thing. It feel great, when makes cute nails and get compliment about it. :p

whoaaa you did that all yourself?? you're very talented! ^^

MissMisa 09-02-2008 06:57 AM

This is something I'd prolly be good at, I can do tiny little details well, and I can use both hands aswell so if I wanted to paint onto my nail it'd be fine.

Though my nails are in terrible condition from biting them as a kid, so fake ones would be the way to go, though I find them kind of annoying. I had some for my prom, just standard ones, because my nails were more than horrible and it ruined it! But yeah I like the lolita ones it'd really complete and outfit.

kaelazors 09-02-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 574405)
This is something I'd prolly be good at, I can do tiny little details well, and I can use both hands aswell so if I wanted to paint onto my nail it'd be fine.

Though my nails are in terrible condition from biting them as a kid, so fake ones would be the way to go, though I find them kind of annoying. I had some for my prom, just standard ones, because my nails were more than horrible and it ruined it! But yeah I like the lolita ones it'd really complete and outfit.

man i wish i could make my own nails. i'm good w/ details but a total klutz, esp w/ teeny tiny objects T.T

sillygodxdisco 09-03-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoiru (Post 573439)

Freshly done nails!! XD

that's cute .. but why does it look like the nail polish is way past the nails and all over your fingers?

personally i have no idea how people do anything with fake nails. i had them for a sweet sixteen once, and upon realizing that i couldn't even go to the bathroom with them, i had to take a thumb one off. then the next day i just took them all off because i realized how incredibly annoying they are. :confused:

Aoiru 09-03-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillygodxdisco (Post 575037)
that's cute .. but why does it look like the nail polish is way past the nails and all over your fingers?

personally i have no idea how people do anything with fake nails. i had them for a sweet sixteen once, and upon realizing that i couldn't even go to the bathroom with them, i had to take a thumb one off. then the next day i just took them all off because i realized how incredibly annoying they are. :confused:

Ah, that's just because it hasn't dried yet. when it dries, it doesn't show more.

You get used to fake nails easily. If using, you should start from short nails, you get used easier.

kaelazors 09-03-2008 04:48 PM

aoiru@ what do you use to take your fake nails off? just wondering

Aoiru 09-03-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelazors (Post 575291)
aoiru@ what do you use to take your fake nails off? just wondering

You should just wait for them to go away.
Eventually, the glue will not hold for more than 2-4days.
This also depends of type of glue used. Sometimes, it can stay even for 1week.

But it's important to remember to not use fake nails always.
This makes your own nail thin, and it breaks easily.

kaelazors 09-04-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoiru (Post 575414)
You should just wait for them to go away.
Eventually, the glue will not hold for more than 2-4days.
This also depends of type of glue used. Sometimes, it can stay even for 1week.

But it's important to remember to not use fake nails always.
This makes your own nail thin, and it breaks easily.

alright thank you!! yeah i'm gonna wait a long time before i put fake nails on again. don't want my natural nails to break >< ouch!