JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
BusterWolfXII (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BusterWolfXII Send a message via MSN to BusterWolfXII Send a message via Yahoo to BusterWolfXII
04-20-2009, 04:34 AM

Just do your thing, but don't go over the top with it, you'll just make it worse if you do that. In a little while, people won't care whether you're Asian or not. I'm guessing in your school, there aren't many Asians, so it's new to them. But it'll pass.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
AniMangaCat (Offline)
New to JF

07-14-2009, 09:29 PM

lolz in my school the popular asians are the preppy girls that look and act lyk dolls or fer guys the skaters.
but somehow in my school we hav a sorta reverse racism lyk a lot of people say "AZNS RULEZ!" and nobody rly cares.
asians are rly common in my area. lyk here there are lyk 10 thai restaurants in an area only a square mile or two
dunno wat to say cept hold urself proud and dont give a crap about those rascist people. do you live in a whitebread state?
(#53 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

07-14-2009, 10:11 PM

actually asian-type fashion is always loved in London. You've got that new brand superdry that is taking the world by storm and also Comme de garcon in H&M is a japanese brand.

Therefore, you can't generalise the view that people hate on asian fashion, i'm sure they do because they're jealous.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-15-2009, 01:30 AM

Apart from that weird Akihabara/Harajuku type fashion (which I will admit can look good except for Ganguro which NEVER looks good)... I'm having a hard time imagining what Asian fashion actually is?

Just because a brand name comes from Japan... I don't think that qualifies it as "Asian fashion".

I'm thinking the Asian part is redundant.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
07-24-2009, 01:44 PM

No offense superheel, but wanting to dress Asian just to ''show them'' is extremely immature.

Just dressing up in Asian brands won't show them what being Asian is actually about.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#56 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

07-24-2009, 01:48 PM

In Japan, it was hard to get business clothes to fit..

The shirt sleeves were always to short and super tight around my shoulders, the pants had very low crotches which just did not fit me.

All my business attire would be purchase on our vactions in Bangkok and that included my boxer briefs.

Oh, and my JP wife used to endulge in the WACOAL branded underwear in Bangkok as it was cheaper than in JP.

Cheers - Oz
(#57 (permalink))
Old
KaiTea (Offline)
Stuck man.

08-04-2009, 03:22 PM

This may sound a little mean... but it's just school. You only go there for about six to eight hours a day and then you are off. Who cares what people think. People are going to think the way they want regardless. Just go to school, do what you have to do to learn and get the hell out of there. In fact, you should be happy that they are giving you attention. Maybe they are personally jealous of you.

Anyway, dressing "Asian" is kind of weird, that's like a whole collaboration of dressing like an entire continent. (Which there is more to Asian than Japan, Korea, China, etc.)

Dress the way you want to dress. It's all about you, not about them.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
08-04-2009, 03:46 PM

Not only is dressing for yourself (as long as its within school rules) best, but have you noticed that the kids who are making the racial slurs, just come up with similar but less obvious ones for the white kids they don't like for other reasons. Some people can only make themselves feel good by stepping on others.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.