JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tamao (Offline)
New to JF

need help with finding a coat... - 09-26-2008, 10:30 PM

hello guys I'm... new here, and I'm kinda... well, not having a problem, but I still would appriciate some help...
I'm currently looking for a coat, which shouldn't be such a big problem on itself, exept I keep on being confronted by the fact I'm small, and... well... a bit chubby. The coats either won't fit around my body, and sometimes are taller then I am myself. I'd rather not let it be handmade, because that's way to easy to go wrong... please give me some links, since I need to order it (cuz I live in Europe ^^;; )
so... I hope you guys can help me out... :3
(#2 (permalink))
Old
emmygirl121 (Offline)
Don't waste those words

Send a message via AIM to emmygirl121
09-26-2008, 10:40 PM

this isn't an online shop, I suggest you put your request elsewhere,

if your "chubby" thats what plus sized stores are for
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Fooflowers (Offline)
ETiD

Send a message via MSN to Fooflowers Send a message via Skype™ to Fooflowers
09-26-2008, 10:56 PM

ok..

So you're either a male/female, you want a coat which isn't handmade and isnt taller than the other coats you've had and you're somewhere in Europe, I'll get right on that!

/shoot to thrill
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tamao (Offline)
New to JF

09-27-2008, 08:20 AM

... okay, never mind then.
I never asumed this was an online store, I tried asking for LINKS to online stores that has these kind of coats. And really, you think I never tried to go to plus sized stores? My problem is those clothes are way to big for me. As I said, I am chubby, not fat. I am 158 cm, and I'm 65 kilos. I'm just chubby BECAUSE. I. AM. SMALL.
seriously, I hoped I would get some real responds. I guess I was stupid for thinking: Japanforum -> Japanfashion -> there must be people who wear it! Oh! Who knows, maybe some of them have the same problem as I have, and maybe I could get some advise! Stupid huh?
oh, and it might seem I'm just attacking Emmygirl with this, but that other reply I got is just too ridiculus, I'm not even sure how to respond in that.

just as said in my starting scentence, never mind. I really was an idiot to think THIS should be my last resort.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SmMo (Offline)
@ Uni and lurking on JF

09-27-2008, 09:32 AM

well, i dont know much about plus sizes but in general theres quite a bit of ppl wearing coats who does know, id just ask someone chubby with a coat where they got theirs, will probably be more helpful than asking here =p

Laid back.

Has Claimed Aya Kamiki, mine!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tamao (Offline)
New to JF

09-27-2008, 11:55 AM

oh, I don't have problems finding a coat, just a coat that's a bit gothic lolita, punk lolita-ish... didn't I say that? oxo *looks back* ah... I see now, I didn't...
but that's why I asked here, 'cause where I live you don't really see people wearing those kind of coats often...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SmMo (Offline)
@ Uni and lurking on JF

09-27-2008, 01:08 PM

which is probably cause they:
a) costs allot
b) are custom or self made

So learn how to sew or check out glomths profile, she makes custom clothes i think oO. correct me if im wrong

Laid back.

Has Claimed Aya Kamiki, mine!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-29-2008, 04:01 PM

Why dont you want something handmade?

I make lots of coats that arent long and might be right up your alley
(gloomth coats)
Plus I can custom make you one to fit you exactly how you like!!!

Gloomth- Hand Made Gothic, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Vampire Clothing for Girls and Guys. Lots of <$50 one of a kind pieces.

Got a style you want? Email me, I might be able to make you something like it!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tamao (Offline)
New to JF

09-29-2008, 07:19 PM

it's not that I don't WANT handmade clothes... it's more that my mom who wants to give it to me as a present rather not have it... she's weird, really... also, handmade is most of the time a lot more expensive then just... "factory" made... and I've seen your website ;3 you have some cool stuff!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamao View Post
it's not that I don't WANT handmade clothes... it's more that my mom who wants to give it to me as a present rather not have it... she's weird, really... also, handmade is most of the time a lot more expensive then just... "factory" made... and I've seen your website ;3 you have some cool stuff!
thanks

I prefer handmade clothes myself actually. I can understand your mom being wary of handmade stuff. But when done professionally its often made better than the factory stuff. For example factory sewn buttons on coats and heavier fabrics almost always fall off over time, hand-sewn buttons stay much longer etc.

Gloomth- Hand Made Gothic, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Vampire Clothing for Girls and Guys. Lots of <$50 one of a kind pieces.

Got a style you want? Email me, I might be able to make you something like it!
Closed Thread