JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kamikazee (Offline)
JF Regular

lolita comments - 06-09-2008, 05:00 AM

I'm going to go full on punk lolita.
And wanted to know some of the comments other lolitas got.
so if your style is lolita or just an uncommon style .post some of the comments that you have gotten please
(#2 (permalink))
Old
wonderME (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to wonderME
06-09-2008, 10:10 AM

ummm cute?

more superpower than chuu~~~
LOVRsagr
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
06-09-2008, 12:35 PM

LOL I've gotten good and bad comments. The bad first:

"Why are you dressed like that? Halloween is a long time from now?"

"Aren't you a little old to be playing dress up?"

"Uh.....so weird"

"Aren't you too big to be wearing that stuff?" (Yes, I'm a plus size. It doesn't define me or stop me from wearing what I want to.)

and the good:

"Wow, I love your outfit! It's so awesome. Where did you get it?"

"Awesome top! Did you make it yourself?"

"OMG, another lolita?!? I love you. You look great!"

"I love your skirt and shoes! I want them!"

I think the good tends to out-weigh the bad. Not that I really care if people have a problem with what I wear, but it always makes you feel good when someone has something nice to say.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Cyasarin (Offline)
Surfer.Chic [no cold! =D]

Send a message via MSN to Cyasarin Send a message via Yahoo to Cyasarin
06-09-2008, 03:16 PM

Well I don't really dress Lolita but around 7th to the beginning of 9th grade I dressed in some pretty different clothes. Stockings, combat boots, and corsets were my thing back then. Now I don't limit myself to just one style. I still wear my combat boots, though. ^_^

A lot of my comments were really good, though. For some reason, the kids in our schools are very respectful and I think they're actually appealed to different things. There isn't a girl in the school who hasn't painted her nails black....you see it on cheerleaders all the time.

But anyway, I used to get a lot of "That dress is so cute," "I love those boots," and "That shirt is adorable" even from the popular, preppy crowd...in fact when I cut my hair into the "scene" style it is, people started talking to me that never talked to me before.

There were only one or two times somebody questioned my style when I first started getting into it and even then, they didn't really saying anything bad about it. They were simply like "Are you goth?" and "Why do you dress like that?" The only person who ever looked at me funny and actually pulled out some emotional stimulating words was my hypocritical cousin who said "People are going to tease you and stuff if you keep dressing like that." And now her "middle name is Black"...so she says.

+ Summer '08 +
[[cause it's gonna be hot]]
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kamikazee (Offline)
JF Regular

06-09-2008, 09:34 PM

cool: I don't think i'm going to get that many good comments.
When people stare for hours when my hair is dyed.But thanks.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-09-2008, 10:51 PM

Wow you guys are lucky! When wearing my Lolita dress I get tons of abuse.

Don't want to put you off though. My friends think it's great, everyone else thinks I'm a weirdo. It's good job I don't give a damn though. If your one of those people who are a bit wishy washy and get upset by peoples comments then your throwing yourself in at the deep end. If you couldn't care less then full steam ahead
(#7 (permalink))
Old
sage525 (Offline)
New to JF

Cool who cares what people say? - 06-10-2008, 05:04 AM

I'm 36 years old and I have been a Gothic lolita for a very long time. I go to work and live Gothic lolita. If you feel good about yourself and you think you look good who cares what other people say. You should be proud of who you are and what you represent so you go girl.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Zetsumei (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2008, 05:31 AM

Yeah, I dress a little different too. Punk Rock, Emo. But it just depends on where you are. Like I live in a small town so I get some stares and questions but you get over it. Fught the power girl!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

06-10-2008, 05:41 AM

I have to say..if you like it, wear it. Who cares what people think. I get stared at all the time for what I wear. >__> Truthfully, I wish I could wear lolita sometimes, I just don't have the money. All the clothing sites that have it would hurt my wallet....

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-10-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredMess View Post
I have to say..if you like it, wear it. Who cares what people think. I get stared at all the time for what I wear. >__> Truthfully, I wish I could wear lolita sometimes, I just don't have the money. All the clothing sites that have it would hurt my wallet....
I know what you mean... Lolita clothes are so expensive! If I had any kind of sewing skills at all then I'd attempt to make them myself, but my sewing skills are just terrible and it's hard to get English translated patterns aswell.