JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Style Questions Here! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/20516-style-questions-here.html)

gloomth 04-20-2008 07:47 PM

I like piercings, Im a fan of body-mods.

I have a ton of tattoos and some scarification, and Ive had 4 piercings in the past. My body will not accept metal of any kind, and never has been able to. Even as a kid with pierced ears I constantly had problems even with gold, silver, stainless surgical steel, etc.

I grew up and got a bunch more piercings which never healed and were only the cause of much distress in the long run- but luckily I dont scar easily. ;)

My advise- get an ear or nipple or something done first to see how your flesh heals. Its no fun to have visible scars where once you had 13guage rings. yknow?

Be sure you find a REPUTABLE PIERCING PLACE this is absolutely hands down the most friggen important thing about your piercing "journey". Go to a few parlours, look for their health code certificates (depending on country), speak with the piercers who would potentially be doing your work. BE SAFE, there is no such thing as "too careful" when it comes to wounding your body for artistic purposes- and there are far too many skeezy parlours who dont properly cleanse their equipment or train their staff.
Dont look for the cheapest place.

Never get pierced with a plastic piercing gun. its scientifically impossible to 100% cleanse porous plastics and its not worth risking. Though many people have not had problems with such- its again not worth being the statistic opposite. Yknow?

How into pain are you? Can you tolerate it? Some parlours offer something called EMLA which is a topical numbing cream you can buy at drug stores for around $50 (i think) and will make the process muuuch easier.

AFTER CARE. Seriously, you want it to heal properly and look great? Then friggen CARE FOR IT. Your piercer will recommend a great balm or cream for it, some places even make their own (the place where my tats were done makes organic aromatherapy balms for tattoo healing- smells SO GOOD). Polysporin works for piercings, when you see swelling or any infection you can use epsom salts and warm water to create a soak for it (might be hard with a lip heh) which worked for me in a pinch.
follow any directions given by your piercer to the letter, if they want you to apply healing balm for 2 weeks and avoid kissing and such DO IT. Theyre not giving you those rules for kicks- be smart.

If you really want lots of great advise on piercings/mods check out bmezine.com they have TONS of info on every kind of mod/alteration you can possibly imagine. I love that site. :)

Also keep in mind there isnt anything wrong with "play" piercings. Little magnetic or clip on jewelry that absolutely looks 100% like the real thing and wont infect/scar/disease you. I wore a faux nose ring for a year basically, took it out for showers etc, people had NO idea it was fake LOL. :)
Piercings arent right for everyone, best you have ALL THE INFO before you go to some parlour and have needles jammed into your skin in ignorance.

MissMisa 04-20-2008 08:23 PM

I'm not a big fan of piercings or tattoos personally, I wouldn't have it done to myself. I think tattoos look uber tacky sometimes, but it depends. I don't like massive ones, I personally think it's rather nasty. Piercings are okay because they can usually heal up if you don't want them anymore, [unless they are big holes, like 'tunnels' you can get for your ears.] I don't have any piercings and I never have, but you seem to pull it off alright ^-^

mogarge 04-21-2008 04:11 PM

great!!
I like the fake piercing of your lips. and it would be much better if put bigger one...

and yeah,, u can hang your keys instead of putting them in your pocket.
hang them by chain will be way better.. :)

sorry.... i'm kidding..
I just think that u r much better without them,
beside i think it doesn't suit boys :).

yuujirou 04-21-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogarge (Post 467778)
great!!
I like the fake piercing of your lips. and it would be much better if put bigger one...

and yeah,, u can hang your keys instead of putting them in your pocket.
hang them by chain will be way better.. :)

sorry.... i'm kidding..
I just think that u r much better without them,
beside i think it doesn't suit boys :).

what about this one's earrings? ._.

mogarge 04-21-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuujirou (Post 467780)
what about this one's earrings? ._.

earrings i think are somehow acceptable compared to the peircings on face.

either way, I feel like it is killing the innocence of the boy face "WOW!!! :eek:". and mostly for the girl. this is for the peircings.
but earings, they r definitly suit girls. and not bad for some boys:mtongue:, of course small one.

so I can't tell whether it is bad or not for this one's earrings:D without seeing it. i guess it is better to ask any sane one:rolleyes: around u to judge

LittLeAnqeLAyumi 04-21-2008 07:43 PM

earrings on guys are keewl:) but it depends at the guy i think xDD
and the lip piercing fake is looking good at you;)
i like piercings,but too much doesnt look good neither..lol

Kenpachi11 04-21-2008 07:59 PM

I only have one piercing and thats a 10 gauge.

LittLeAnqeLAyumi 04-21-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 468272)
I only have one piercing and thats a 10 gauge.

whats this?o.O a have 6,actually 2 except the normal 4earpercings xDD

Kenpachi11 04-21-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittLeAnqeLAyumi (Post 468284)
whats this?o.O a have 6,actually 2 except the normal 4earpercings xDD

Do you not know what a gauge is?

LittLeAnqeLAyumi 04-21-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 468289)
Do you not know what a gauge is?

uhm..no xDD