JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Tutorial thread. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/20990-tutorial-thread.html)

MissMisa 03-29-2008 10:58 PM

- Misa's Jrock Hair Tutorial -

TUTORIAL THREAD:

Got any good tips, advice or tutorials you want to share with people? Post them here.

This is a tutorial I made for all you guys out there. Please wait as the image is huge and may take a while to load. If the text is too small for you to read, email me and I'll send you a copy of the image. Hope it helps you! ~

Hiroki 03-29-2008 11:04 PM

Thanks Misa! That was nicely done!
I recommand for people who live in Europe to use the new wax of Garnier : Manga it's very good and it gives you a cool manga look!

For those who live in Japan like me or other people i would recommand: Gatsby the brand is very popular in Japan and believe me in a few minutes you get a cool hairstyle:
YouTube - funny japanese hairstyles #7

MissMisa 03-29-2008 11:08 PM

Thankyou ^-^

I have actually heard of the Manga wax, I should have mentioned that ^-^;;

Tordek42 03-29-2008 11:46 PM

Wow thats awesome!! Been thinking about dyeing my hair neon pink and black, a la hide (lead guitarist of X Japan, and the guy in my avatar) and this gave me some useful tips.

Thank You!!

MissMisa 03-29-2008 11:47 PM

Your welcome, I'm really glad it helped ^_^

yuujirou 03-30-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 440859)
This is a tutorial I made for all you guys out there. Please wait as the image is huge and may take a while to load. If the text is too small for you to read, email me and I'll send you a copy of the image. Hope it helps you! ~

can i say i love you? ._.
and nee~
could ya email it to me at
wuhaokeai@gmail.com
pweaase~~~...
pwetty pwetty pweasee :333
w/ a cherry on top <333
^_^
thaank yuu <3
=D

MissMisa 03-30-2008 08:13 AM

Yay ^_^

I will email it to you now, and your welcome :D

gloomth 03-30-2008 03:30 PM

A hairdresser friend of mine told me the Dove hair products contain a lot of waxy base which can, over time, weigh down and break/split your hair. The waxy base is used to "smooth" the hair apparently to give it the apperance of a lack of split ends but apparently results in the opposite. by adding too much weight/crap.

Ive sort of had that experience actually with using those products as i really liked them when i first tried them, but my hair became more brittle and bad looking the longer I used them. *shrugs* then again I color my hair and straighten it so it goes through a lot of stress day-to-day, it might not be so bad with other "kinds" of hair.

Redken is my alltime personal fave for shampoo/conditioner but im not sure if its available worldwide. My hair is colored every 6 weeks minimum so i am constantly conditioning and trying to keep it from getting that awful over-processed apperance. :)

yuujirou 03-30-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloomth (Post 441653)
A hairdresser friend of mine told me the Dove hair products contain a lot of waxy base which can, over time, weigh down and break/split your hair. The waxy base is used to "smooth" the hair apparently to give it the apperance of a lack of split ends but apparently results in the opposite. by adding too much weight/crap.

Ive sort of had that experience actually with using those products as i really liked them when i first tried them, but my hair became more brittle and bad looking the longer I used them. *shrugs* then again I color my hair and straighten it so it goes through a lot of stress day-to-day, it might not be so bad with other "kinds" of hair.

Redken is my alltime personal fave for shampoo/conditioner but im not sure if its available worldwide. My hair is colored every 6 weeks minimum so i am constantly conditioning and trying to keep it from getting that awful over-processed apperance. :)

and here i can barely afford to dye my hair even once... a year ._.''''
;_;
i want all the colours of the rainbow toooo!!! =OOO
<33

MissMisa 03-30-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloomth (Post 441653)

Ah, I haven't heard of that happening. I have only been using the shampoo and conditioner for a short time, probably only 2 months and it's still working fine, I hope in the long run this doesn't happen! It's good to hear other peoples opinions on the products though, different effects can happen on different hair types.