JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Tutorial thread. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/20990-tutorial-thread.html)

MissMisa 03-29-2008 10:58 PM

- Misa's Jrock Hair Tutorial -

TUTORIAL THREAD:

Got any good tips, advice or tutorials you want to share with people? Post them here.

This is a tutorial I made for all you guys out there. Please wait as the image is huge and may take a while to load. If the text is too small for you to read, email me and I'll send you a copy of the image. Hope it helps you! ~

Hiroki 03-29-2008 11:04 PM

Thanks Misa! That was nicely done!
I recommand for people who live in Europe to use the new wax of Garnier : Manga it's very good and it gives you a cool manga look!

For those who live in Japan like me or other people i would recommand: Gatsby the brand is very popular in Japan and believe me in a few minutes you get a cool hairstyle:
YouTube - funny japanese hairstyles #7

MissMisa 03-29-2008 11:08 PM

Thankyou ^-^

I have actually heard of the Manga wax, I should have mentioned that ^-^;;

Tordek42 03-29-2008 11:46 PM

Wow thats awesome!! Been thinking about dyeing my hair neon pink and black, a la hide (lead guitarist of X Japan, and the guy in my avatar) and this gave me some useful tips.

Thank You!!

MissMisa 03-29-2008 11:47 PM

Your welcome, I'm really glad it helped ^_^

yuujirou 03-30-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 440859)
This is a tutorial I made for all you guys out there. Please wait as the image is huge and may take a while to load. If the text is too small for you to read, email me and I'll send you a copy of the image. Hope it helps you! ~

can i say i love you? ._.
and nee~
could ya email it to me at
wuhaokeai@gmail.com
pweaase~~~...
pwetty pwetty pweasee :333
w/ a cherry on top <333
^_^
thaank yuu <3
=D

MissMisa 03-30-2008 08:13 AM

Yay ^_^

I will email it to you now, and your welcome :D

gloomth 03-30-2008 03:30 PM

A hairdresser friend of mine told me the Dove hair products contain a lot of waxy base which can, over time, weigh down and break/split your hair. The waxy base is used to "smooth" the hair apparently to give it the apperance of a lack of split ends but apparently results in the opposite. by adding too much weight/crap.

Ive sort of had that experience actually with using those products as i really liked them when i first tried them, but my hair became more brittle and bad looking the longer I used them. *shrugs* then again I color my hair and straighten it so it goes through a lot of stress day-to-day, it might not be so bad with other "kinds" of hair.

Redken is my alltime personal fave for shampoo/conditioner but im not sure if its available worldwide. My hair is colored every 6 weeks minimum so i am constantly conditioning and trying to keep it from getting that awful over-processed apperance. :)

yuujirou 03-30-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloomth (Post 441653)
A hairdresser friend of mine told me the Dove hair products contain a lot of waxy base which can, over time, weigh down and break/split your hair. The waxy base is used to "smooth" the hair apparently to give it the apperance of a lack of split ends but apparently results in the opposite. by adding too much weight/crap.

Ive sort of had that experience actually with using those products as i really liked them when i first tried them, but my hair became more brittle and bad looking the longer I used them. *shrugs* then again I color my hair and straighten it so it goes through a lot of stress day-to-day, it might not be so bad with other "kinds" of hair.

Redken is my alltime personal fave for shampoo/conditioner but im not sure if its available worldwide. My hair is colored every 6 weeks minimum so i am constantly conditioning and trying to keep it from getting that awful over-processed apperance. :)

and here i can barely afford to dye my hair even once... a year ._.''''
;_;
i want all the colours of the rainbow toooo!!! =OOO
<33

MissMisa 03-30-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloomth (Post 441653)

Ah, I haven't heard of that happening. I have only been using the shampoo and conditioner for a short time, probably only 2 months and it's still working fine, I hope in the long run this doesn't happen! It's good to hear other peoples opinions on the products though, different effects can happen on different hair types.

Hisuwashi 03-30-2008 09:28 PM

I like it. It's very good, however I am not sure if I am daring enough to style my hair like that..!

MissMisa 03-30-2008 09:32 PM

Thankyou, I'm glad you like it ^-^

I like natural hair too, I just get bored quickly and like to change my hair a lot :D

xYinniex 03-30-2008 11:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks miss misa, thats awesome.
I'VE USED SMART COLOUR BEFORE.
bleached my hair for me and made my hair bright red, but then it faded ginger =(

i\'m gona go j-pop with my hairstyle next.
LOL
just cuz its easy to manage

ayumi [from some girlgroup i forgot the name to]
Attachment 4814

reihiino 03-31-2008 01:23 AM

Cool tutorial. I have dark hair with purple streaks in my bangs & at the roots (I have premature gray hair *tear*), so luckily for me, the bleach didnt damage my hair. What I do use for the upkeep is toner. My hairdresser does that for me every few weeks, and she gave me a bottle to take home (which saves me around $20 american dollars every few weeks too :D). I have never seen the brands that you mentioned in America though. i've known people to use Manic Panic if they can't afford to get it done professionally. But I'll definetly check out that flat iron. I know they sell that Sephora. Thanks again!

MissMisa 03-31-2008 07:50 AM

Your welcome everyone ^-^

It's strange that Smart colour turned to ginger [sometimes it can start off ginger if you don't leave it on long enough, sometimes it out of your hands because it depends on how porous your hair is ;_;] , usually if you bleach your hair the colour doesn't fade because it takes colour out of your hair rather than put a different colour in. But it is different for some people, normally it does that if you have dyed your hair before.

But if you can afford to get it done proffesionally, do it ^-^

I've heard of toner, when I saw it, it was on the Manic Panic website, and is used for like keeping your hair the right colour and taking out the yellow pigments that can make your hair go the wrong colour if you are dying it an unnatural colour.

nothingleft 03-31-2008 11:49 PM

Thank you for this! I'm glad you took everything into consideration :)

I don't think I have the time or the courage to go Jrock but I'm still interested in getting my hair dyed in some funky way. Hehe.

Will definitly take your advice onboard : )

MissMisa 04-01-2008 07:48 AM

It's good to hear it ^-^ And your welcome :D

HiKO 04-01-2008 09:11 AM

I'm going to try this out after I graduated from this school! :D Awesome tut :D

Altaru 04-03-2008 01:39 AM

Yeah. Thanks for the tut, too bad I have to wait 'till after high school to try it out.

My parents will only let my dye my hair once a year, and they usually try to make me get a hair cut first. Maybe I can get away with pulling a J-rock style this year, :D

EveV 04-03-2008 01:48 AM

Thats a very good tutorial buttttt I think with the shampoo and conditioner stuff that alot of peoples hair would be better taken care of if they used Biosilk. It protects all types of hair really really good. Especially damaged. Or like a green tea hair products. Organic stuff is really good for you.

yuujirou 04-03-2008 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altaru (Post 446613)
Yeah. Thanks for the tut, too bad I have to wait 'till after high school to try it out.

My parents will only let my dye my hair once a year, and they usually try to make me get a hair cut first. Maybe I can get away with pulling a J-rock style this year, :D

*pities*
._.''''
poor lad ;_;

yuujirou 04-03-2008 04:38 AM

Quote:

*pities*
._.''''
poor lad ;_;

MissMisa 04-03-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveV (Post 446621)
Thats a very good tutorial buttttt I think with the shampoo and conditioner stuff that alot of peoples hair would be better taken care of if they used Biosilk. It protects all types of hair really really good. Especially damaged. Or like a green tea hair products. Organic stuff is really good for you.

Haven't heard of the product, but thanks for the advice ^-^

My mum's really into the organic stuff so we usually have lots of it :D

MissMisa 04-14-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Once a year, poor you! :O :O My parents don't care what I do with my hair and my mum pays for it cutting when it needs doing so it's all good ^-^

Nki 04-14-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 460527)
^-^

Yeah!!! Thanks MissMisa.. now my path to J-rockstar is in the 1rst step of the Ride.
BayBay... and I :rheart: your style :D

MissMisa 04-14-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nki (Post 460535)
Yeah!!! Thanks MissMisa.. now my path to J-rockstar is in the 1rst step of the Ride.
BayBay... and I :rheart: your style :D

Your welcome, and thankyou ^-^

Housetek 04-15-2008 12:51 AM

well done, a very nice tutorial MM

MissMisa 04-15-2008 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Housetek (Post 460735)
well done, a very nice tutorial MM

Thanks Housetek ^-^

Nice sig aswell! :D

MissMisa 04-20-2008 09:00 AM

~ Misa's Jrock Makeup Tutorial ~

Well, my hair tutorial proved pretty popular, so I decided to do a makeup one. Please excuse the size of the image, it will take a long while to load. If it's too big for you to view, just tell me and I'll email it to you instead ^_^ Hope this helps ~ Any questions, just PM me. [Oh and I noticed a ton of spelling mistakes to ignore them, and at one point it says the images are on the right when they're on the left but it's because I switched them >.<]

xYinniex 04-20-2008 11:17 AM

>.>

tip:

if you have asian eyelids [narrow ones] don't use too much eyeliner.

LittleFallenAngel 04-20-2008 11:19 AM

*Giggles*
Arigatou Misa-Chan =3.

MissMisa 04-20-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xYinniex (Post 466281)
>.>

tip:

if you have asian eyelids [narrow ones] don't use too much eyeliner.

Thanks, forgot to mention that ^-^ It needs to be muuchhh much thinner in order for you to be able to see the eyeshadow ^_^

MissMisa 04-20-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleFallenAngel (Post 466282)
*Giggles*
Arigatou Misa-Chan =3.

You are welcome :D ^_^

AmbeRz 04-20-2008 11:28 AM

You look better than me without makeup on T_T

MissMisa 04-20-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmbeRz (Post 466288)
You look better than me without makeup on T_T

I look well icky! But it was necessary for the purpose of the tutorial :P

LittLeAnqeLAyumi 04-20-2008 11:36 AM

Ah,its a cool tut:D and have you more tips for eyeliner?i have always a prob with this..>.<" although i prefer an eyelinerpencil,izs easier i think;) for me xD

MissMisa 04-20-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittLeAnqeLAyumi (Post 466291)
Ah,its a cool tut:D and have you more tips for eyeliner?i have always a prob with this..>.<" although i prefer an eyelinerpencil,izs easier i think;) for me xD

Thankies ^_^ The best thing you can do is practice! Eyeliner pencil is a lot easier to do than liquid eyeliner, it doesn't bleed or smudge much ^_^

reihiino 04-20-2008 04:16 PM

Misa, my dear, you are a very talented person. I could not pull off the eyeliner trick (I don't wear any due to the fact that I get klutzy, forget that I have it on, & rub my eyes...not a very sexy look I'm afraid). I know that it takes practice fot that though. I tried this technique from the makeup people from the Laura Mercier counter that lines the lash line with liquid eyeliner. It was pretty cool how bigger my lashes seemed. But of course when I do it my eyes sting ( & it does'nt help that I wear contacts too :o ). Doh!

yuujirou 04-20-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reihiino (Post 466523)
Misa, my dear, you are a very talented person. I could not pull off the eyeliner trick (I don't wear any due to the fact that I get klutzy, forget that I have it on, & rub my eyes...not a very sexy look I'm afraid). I know that it takes practice fot that though. I tried this technique from the makeup people from the Laura Mercier counter that lines the lash line with liquid eyeliner. It was pretty cool how bigger my lashes seemed. But of course when I do it my eyes sting ( & it does'nt help that I wear contacts too :o ). Doh!

kyuuu >.<'''
liquid eyeliner HURTS =OOO...
but despite that x]
this one can't imagine using a pencil >.<'''
a stick in your eye?? SCARY! =OO

reihiino 04-20-2008 04:49 PM

I'm not that graceful using pencil liner as well. I'm just now getting used to wearing contacts. But then I can always get my makeup tattooed on my face...ha ha :D NOT!