JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
12-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Well, I didn't exactly mean that I, or anyone, was affected by what people thought of the style, but more of what the style is becoming in America's eyes.

The more emo's steal from VK, the more warped VK becomes. I know, that sounds like the same thing as people's opinion, I'm just really bad at explaining things -_-'

Emo's are greatly loked down upon. Their image is a no better image then people haveon gay's (I'm not a homophob, but I'm sure everyone knows that a lot of people look down on them a lot). If it's just an opinion, I'm fine. But I'd hate to walk into a place and be physically hurt because someone thought I was emo for wearing what they considered "emo chothes".
(#12 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-04-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
Well, I didn't exactly mean that I, or anyone, was affected by what people thought of the style, but more of what the style is becoming in America's eyes.

The more emo's steal from VK, the more warped VK becomes. I know, that sounds like the same thing as people's opinion, I'm just really bad at explaining things -_-'

Emo's are greatly loked down upon. Their image is a no better image then people haveon gay's (I'm not a homophob, but I'm sure everyone knows that a lot of people look down on them a lot). If it's just an opinion, I'm fine. But I'd hate to walk into a place and be physically hurt because someone thought I was emo for wearing what they considered "emo chothes".
stereotype much.
it seems like you're the only one that would do that- look down on people because of what they where. why do you care?
this thread is pointless

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#13 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

12-04-2008, 12:37 AM

What? That's not what I'm saying at all. You've terribly conscrewed my words.

I'm smarter then to believe much in stereotypes, only few do I follow, and that's because they've been forced into my mind (I try to think around them, though). I'm doing very well, comming from a very small predijuce city. I was only saying that because, judging by my surroundings, I know how people think and how they view stereotypes. I've had people in my school beat up for being emo, they wouldn't hesitate to do the same to someone who just "looks emo"

And this thread isn't pointless. I always thought that the "emo look" was something people stole from VK, correct me if I'm wrong. What's so pointless about asking people if they agree that the American "emo style" is ruining VK (VK in America, I mean)?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Gameslayer22 (Offline)
If I Offend,Walk Away!!!

Send a message via MSN to Gameslayer22 Send a message via Yahoo to Gameslayer22
- - 12-04-2008, 01:08 AM

this thread is pointless who gives a f*** if you dont like being called Emo than you should stop doing what makes people think your emo,stop talking s*** about emo people you dont know s*** about them,so stop being a bitch about it.

LOVE is a four letter word. just....like....FAKE....

Emo Is Not A Fashion Statement But A Way Of Life.

Yashira Is My ONE AND ONLY !

Last edited by Excessum : 12-04-2008 at 06:00 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

12-04-2008, 01:21 AM

*sigh* I've yet to say one bad thing about emo's. Only what people think of them. Please inform me where ANYTHING you just posted is related to anything I have said.

I have yet to dress VK much, I'm too afraid to, seeing that people around here are WAY to close minded and I'd end up being shot if they considered me emo/goth
(#16 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-04-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
*sigh* I've yet to say one bad thing about emo's. Only what people think of them. Please inform me where ANYTHING you just posted is related to anything I have said.

I have yet to dress VK much, I'm too afraid to, seeing that people around here are WAY to close minded and I'd end up being shot if they considered me emo/goth
thats the thing then:
Emos aren't ruining it, people that are close minded are ruining it.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-04-2008, 01:40 AM

Quote:

"I hate being called emo"

You made this topic, you obviously care on some level.

I find it incredibly ironic though you saying something along the lines of "The more emo's steal from VK..." because that's all kids in western culture are doing, except it's from JRock bands.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
AsianAtHeart (Offline)
Linguist in training

12-04-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
thats the thing then:
Emos aren't ruining it, people that are close minded are ruining it.
Agreed.

Close-mindedness can lead to very bad things.

Visual Kei and 'Emo' are different. It's not the styles themselves, it's the people who think they're one in the same, which unfortunately, I run into all too much. Yet, some of those people are my friends, so I can't really point the finger.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
isisbathory (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-04-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
hmm...I always heard emo's stole VK....just made it more depressing and stupid.

(and I only said the last bit for the emo effect, I'm the farthest thing from emo =P)
"emos" as they like to call themselfs stole VK and so many others styles, if you pay attention it's a lot of styles mixed up...
I wouldn't call those people of emo, I would just call them weird things
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-04-2008, 05:52 AM

For all of you who either don't know what 'emo' is or don't know the details:
Emo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hooray for Wikipedia.

What is there is to be 'emo' about? I thought there was supposed to a cause for all the depression? A lot of emos are middle class, relatively well off individuals, and girlfriends/boyfriends are definitely nothing to bawl and cut yourself over. I knew a few of them personally. All they do is wear really tight jeans, hoodies, and slant their hair. I'd hardly classify it an entirely separate fashion 'genre.'

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子