JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
synok (Offline)
JF Regular

05-21-2009, 06:54 PM

VK is goth with cool haircuts. Emos suck and can gtfo regarding the genre. It shouldn't be considered to be connected whatsoever. Emo is bad for you while VK is good in anyway. Emo is connected with cuts, complains and dissapointment while VK is connected with good music, cool hair and originality.
However Oshare Kei isnt too much connected with the Goth/Emo scene at all, but more Japan Street style / Punk thingy.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-23-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

You know my friend, what I find worrying the most is that you're in your thirties no doubt (Right?)
M Y O B Mr. Salavanass

Cheers - Oz
(#103 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

05-25-2009, 04:25 AM

I dont have much agianst emos but didnt they do the same thing with the goth style? They need their own style -_-
(#104 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-25-2009, 04:57 AM

Ozkai and Salvanas: Do you two need to be separated? Because that can easily be arranged. iPhantom you are not helping, either.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-25-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Who gives a damn what other people tag you as? If you like the clothes then wear them, their ignorance is their problem.
That's exactly the way I think. Bugger everyone else

Cheers - Oz
(#106 (permalink))
Old
Xeno (Offline)
New to JF

05-25-2009, 11:19 AM

Why are you such nervous because of that? Visual-kei and Emo are like a water and fire. There is no conection betwen those two styles!
(#107 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
I dont have much agianst emos but didnt they do the same thing with the goth style? They need their own style -_-
Narrow minded statement.
Everyone steals styles from everywhere. It's inspiration and how they make it/wear it. Heck the high street steals complete looks from the catwalk. What does it matter when fashion transcends cliques?

Get over it.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

05-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Ozkai and Salvanas: Do you two need to be separated? Because that can easily be arranged. iPhantom you are not helping, either.
The post is about a week old MMM.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#109 (permalink))
Old
ivorytoned (Offline)
JF Regular

05-03-2010, 08:07 PM

I always thought Emo was a spin off of goth. I can understand not wanting to be misunderstood with how many close minded people there are. At one point in my school some of the "popular" guys were planning to all get together and beat up everyone who wears black. They didn't care what the label of the style was or who the person was, they just hated people who whore black. I lived in a small town where everyone belonged to a certain group so everyone would get upset if you didn't know what they were. I was nothing so I got called goth, princess, prep, tomboy, otaku, geek, nerd, etc. After finally getting away from that my opinion is that if you like a certain outfit wear it. If you act a certain way, act that way. Don't put a label on it though. If people call you emo instead of saying "no I'm VK" just say no I'm (insert name here). when you give yourself ANY label you are limiting yourself. Maybe you get beat up, it happens. or if you have a group of friends that loves you you will be safe. In all that chaos I dressed how I wanted and was considered an outcast, but I kept it up and made so many friends of all different types who were more than willing to fight any battle for me.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to hadron
05-03-2010, 09:19 PM

this topic really made me laugh at the end of the day

emo or vk, i don't think either of those is a style. it is nothing more than failure of self-expressing. and yes, vk is pure form of emo. as because your visual self-projection is based on your emotions. and emotionally over-expressed ...that is simply emo. same as vk is visually over-expressed cover. i cannot imagine anyone emotionally adult to be willing to wear emo or vk specifically. like why? why would you do that? put down the definition of why do you wear vk? and tell me that it is not emotional lol

noo i just wear vk to ... you know. i don't want to attract, i just feel special in it

yeah of course

ps: goth is emo too