JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Natsuhito (Offline)
New to JF

Japanese Clothing for Larger Men? - 08-22-2009, 12:26 AM

Konichiwa, all. Is there anywhere I can purchase Japanese fashions for larger men?

I am not necessarily obese, but at 6' tall and with a 38" waist, it is hard to find Japanese clothing in my size. Is there a website that sells such apparel?

I am also interested in purchasing a pair of geta sandals, but do not know if they even make them in an American size 13. Where would I look for them?

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

~Seikima-II Albums Owned: 12; Needed: 11
~Seikima-II Singles Owned: 26; Needed: 1
--Does anyone have 'Big Time Surrender'?

ROCK IN THE KINGDOM!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-22-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuhito View Post
Konnichiha, all. Is there anywhere I can purchase Japanese fashions for larger men?

I am not necessarily obese, but at 6' tall and with a 38" waist, it is hard to find Japanese clothing in my size. Is there a website that sells such apparel?

I am also interested in purchasing a pair of geta sandals, but do not know if they even make them in an American size 13. Where would I look for them?

Fixed.

10char
(#3 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
08-22-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
Fixed.

10char
....what?

Anyway.

I feel your pain, Natsuhito. In fact, many foreigners in Japan do. It's tough. What area of Japan are you in? I know a few good places in Osaka, but I'm not sure if they're national chains or not. I think the hardest things to buy are pants, undergarments, ad shoes. You might be able to find some geta your size; I've seen them get pretty big.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Natsuhito (Offline)
New to JF

08-22-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
....what?

Anyway.

I feel your pain, Natsuhito. In fact, many foreigners in Japan do. It's tough. What area of Japan are you in? I know a few good places in Osaka, but I'm not sure if they're national chains or not. I think the hardest things to buy are pants, undergarments, ad shoes. You might be able to find some geta your size; I've seen them get pretty big.
Unfortunately, I do not live in Japan... I am stuck in the United States. That is why I figured tracking down Japanese fashion websites would be the best route for me. American fashion is just so generic and boring...

~Seikima-II Albums Owned: 12; Needed: 11
~Seikima-II Singles Owned: 26; Needed: 1
--Does anyone have 'Big Time Surrender'?

ROCK IN THE KINGDOM!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
08-22-2009, 12:52 AM

OHHHHH I see what your'e saying.
Hm... You might have a tough time. Custom-making the clothes yourself might be a fun and rewarding experience. It also might be cheaper. I've seen a LOT of "fashiony" type stuff on Japan's Yahoo! Auction. We're talking designer label stuff for super cheapy cheap. Maybe take a swing at that and mention that you're willing to pay shipping? Or if you have a proxy in Japan who can buy them for you and you can have them ship it over?

As for geta; hit any of the hundreds of anime conventions in America and the dealer's room there will have some in your size most likely.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#6 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

08-22-2009, 01:14 AM

Reading your post in the cross-dressing thread, and seeing that you also find American fashion boring.....I would go with making your own clothes...not necessarily sewing them out of bought fabric (although if you have a way of learning to sew, I would definately try to), but simply taking the boring American look, and using other things to make it look AWESOME. It's very original, sometimes it works out great other times it won't......example, I like to screw with blank white t-shirts....cut them up, paint them, dye them (if you can get the materials)....I mean anything....it's a ton of fun, and a great chance to bring out some great creativity!!!
I certainly enjoy it, and I'm trying to get my friend to teach me how to sew soon (I want to get wear I am an independent clother(?))....also, if you can find good sizes you like, girl's jeans rock....they have MUCH better girl's jeans, and much more variety than guy's pants (imo)....for shoes, well, I couldn't really help you out there, I'm sure you could find a tutorial online for making your own geta's though
(#7 (permalink))
Old
umeshuuu (Offline)
JF Regular

08-24-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
Fixed.

10char

You're a 'tard.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
I'm Lisa! Nice to meetcha
(#8 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

08-24-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshuuu View Post
You're a 'tard.
kthx

(10char)
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

08-24-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuhito View Post
Konichiwa, all. Is there anywhere I can purchase Japanese fashions for larger men?

It was a big prob. for me 2 even with a 31" waist.

I once tried to purchase some formal slacks and business shirts. The end of the shirt sleeves met just past my elbows and the shoulders were tearing as I tried to try them on!

Japanese condoms nearly choked me!

What I found is that Japanese bottoms had very low crutches. Being well endowed was a HUGE problem clothing wise

My recommendation, do not expect to find clothing in Japan that will easily fit you. You may spend weeks

I believe SUMO wrestlers have their rags custom made.

Bring and send everything.

Cheers - Oz
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

08-25-2009, 02:37 AM

Zen mall is the main place I know that has a good range of clothes for bigger guys at reasonable prices.

http://www.sakazen.co.jp/index.html